Til we meet again. Smiley Happy

Level 22

Re: Is Richtofen Good? Maxis Evil

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

Agreed. At this point no "good guy"

Level 22

in reply to Zombiefaces

Good read though, sorry forgot to add that!

Level 22

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

If I can intervene here for a moment, in my opinion, Richtofen, though extremely crazy, isn't the MAIN antagonist in this story. Yes, he is the anti-hero, but I believe Maxis is the worst out of both of them. I've studied the storyline for years, researched historic events around the same timeline, wrote a book which is in the process of publishing thanks to given consent, and I have even made a fan-based website on the matter; with all this said I know the story like the back of my hand. Since I know we all want answers, you kind of have to go all the way back to almost the time before Origins in northern France during WWI at expedition site 64. This was when may I remind you, that Group 935 was run by professional leaders whom had different outlooks and goals than Maxis.

Group 935's leaders were informed by an anonymous source that there could potentially be a new element, numbered 115 on the periodic table, that was foreign to earth itself being only able to acquire it from meteors coming into earths atmosphere. They sent an archeological expedition team to the new expedition sight with two doctors, whom were both equal partners then, Dr. Ludvig Maxis and Dr. Edward A. Richtofen.

Now knowing I probably don't have the room to write the entire storyline (much to my dismay), I must cut this very short and get right to the point. Richtofen saved Maxis from being zombified and even calls him his best friend in his letters to Group 935's leaders when telling them about his condition and his mental instability. It was only when he touched the MPD, one of the three pyramids created by the ancient alien race known as the Vril-Ya, or the Vril, and the Aether controlled energy entered the back if his cerebral cortex did he begin to hear 'voices' and slowly gained the mental disorder known as schizophrenia. This is when the supposed 'voices' were giving him awful thoughts, telling him Maxis was going to steal his research on the MPD and the Vril. Because the MPD was controlled by an evil entity before Samantha took control, the evil entity began to plague his mind and basically controlled him from there on out. However, Maxis has no mental disorder and is perfectly capable of controlling himself.

Level 1

in reply to fatedtitan

What difference would it make if he's only good deep down?

If there's a demon in him then the demon is still calling the shots, right?

Nothing has changed.

That still makes his actions the actions of the demon regardless of a good Richtofen being present somewhere inside him.

Then...we're still following the orders of a demon.

Did I miss something?

Level 34

in reply to theatriks

I honestly don't think he is possessed... rather... persuaded.

Richtofen constantly hears "voices" in his head. That is probably the demon, telling him what to do and what his reward will be.

I believe Richtofen is under the control of influence, not a supernatural force.

Level 30

in reply to Shredder2468

I never formed an opinion on the state of Richtofen, but in the case of the OP's theory Richtofen might as well have been killed completely and replaced by a demon.

It makes no difference. If a demon is still calling the shots then Richtofen is still a bad guy.

Level 34

in reply to theatriks

I know you didn't. I was just saying that I don't believe there is a demon inside of him.

Second. Yes, it's true, Richtofen is definitely more Hell bent right now. But I think he means their motives. THEM, not whatever/whoever is controlling them.

I'm pretty sure Maxis is controlled by nobody, but if the OP IS correct, and Richtofen IS controlled by a demon, then he would be the lesser of the two evils, since he had no plan to do anything based on destruction to mankind originally.

Level 30

in reply to Shredder2468

Shredder2468 wrote:

I know you didn't. I was just saying that I don't believe there is a demon inside of him.

I'm pretty sure Maxis is controlled by nobody, but if the OP IS correct, and Richtofen IS controlled by a demon, then he would be the lesser of the two evils, since he had no plan to do anything based on destruction to mankind originally.

I meant that in all my playings I never formed an opinion of his mental state. Not enough information for me to commit to an opinion.

Neither had any plans to destroy mankind originally.

Level 34

in reply to theatriks

I never assumed what your opinion was. :-).

I know neither had plans to destroy mankind. That sentence up ther was t to say between Maxis and Richtofen. It was to say between the Demon and Richtofen. Richtofen didn't originally have plans to destroy mankind until the Demon came along, as to say if the OP theory is correct.

Level 30

Studios