Is Team Killing Punishable if You Never Get Kicked?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Highlighted

Is Team Killing Punishable if You Never Get Kicked?

If you are not the host (who cannot be kicked), and you team kill, but never enough times to be kicked from the match, is that punishable?

Level 4
38 REPLIES

Re: Is Team Killing Punishable if You Never Get Kicked?

in reply to RemoteViewer187

I team kill atleast 1 or 2 times a match. Not on purpose, and I've never been punished. Mistakes happen.

Level 19

Odd that somebody had threads on similar subjects deleted earlier tonight, and your account appeared almost immediately afterwards...

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

What are you talking about?

Level 4

Back on topic - I don't believe there is any 'long-term' punishment. Afterall I've placed Hard Core domination matches where happy-go-lucky team mates decided jumping or standing in front of my gun whilst shooting was a good idea and get themselves killed through no fault of my own.

Level 14

in reply to r_flinchy

The best is when you're already engaging the enemy and some idiot teammate runs around you holding a combat knife only, right through your line of fire. On one hand I'm thinking , "Man, I should have burst fired more" but on the other, your teammates can't be so damn reckless in HC modes. Double edged sword I guess.

Level 48

in reply to ZvErS

Yup!  happens all the time... most recently yesterday.

Bullet one - Hits the enemy

Bullet two - BAM head shot on the enemy

Bullet three - Teammate walks in front and BAM headshot teammate.

kicked

Level 1

in reply to Haigo

The worst map for the scenario you describe is Nuketown IMO. That's the map that I have been kicked the most in by far.

Level 48

If you are talking about blatantly targeting and killing a team mate (corner trap, flash/emp or just shoot an obvious team mate) you can be reported just like any other cheater and banned.  Where I play there was a frequent lobby joiner that liked to flash and stab his own team twice each match, then he changed to stabbing once and shooting to steal a care package for his second "offense".  We had about 7 of us report him one day and about a week later he disappeared and that was almost a month ago.  I assume they banned him. 

Level 15

in reply to Kothar44

If the developers intentionally chose to allow players to team kill twice without consequence, why should it be reportable?

If the team kills are by accident, it still affects the victim exactly the same (ends life and scorestreak). If that is not punishable, neither should intentional team kills commited within the allowed number of times.

Level 4

Studios