Is Team Killing Punishable if You Never Get Kicked?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Is Team Killing Punishable if You Never Get Kicked?

in reply to RemoteViewer187

Should or shouldn't with regards to accidental TKing is just a matter of opinion.  Personally I approve of the probation for accidentals because it forces players to improve their game if they wish to play HC.  It also promotes accountabilty for their actions.    The guy that got killed lost his scorestreak progression most likely due to the shooters poor judgement.  That deserves some form of reprecussion and quite frankly if it happens often enough to get probation then the offender needs some time to reflect on what they are doing wrong and those that have been killed get rewarded by the removal of the offender from their session.  You have to remember that 3 TKs does not invoke a 5 minute probation that only gets a 15 second time out and then you return to the match.  However, continued TKing and/or a history of excessive TKing lands one with the 5 minute probation.  As we have already discussed there are tiers to this disciplinary process.  Probation isn't the first tier.  If people aren't willing to improve their own gameplay to avoid probation then why should those that do have to put up with it?  As with many things in life, incentives exist to encourage conformity.  Those that choose to rail against it while free to do so have to live with the consequences of their decisions.  Society has its ways of insulating itself from undesirable behavior.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

How is should or shouldn't only a matter of opinion when I support something, but when you say intentional TKing should be punished it's fact?

I see no difference between the two statements other than one is apparently supported by more people.

Level 4

The game has no way of discerning intent.

Moreover, in a thread on the Xbox subforum, there is a user who got himself kicked from games on purpose by TKing until he got probation, to see how many times it took. 10 games. Sorry, but if you are so clumsy as to get booted from 10 games on the bounce, you deserve probation, and need to adjust your playstyle. Accidents happen, sure, but accidents happen a lot less with careful, smart play. 50,000 kills and counting in HC, dont think my number of kicks from TKing have reached 10 in total.

No matter what way we look at this, the acts that probation is there to punish are WAY more detrimental to peoples enjoyment of the game than 5 minutes on the naughty step. Go make a cup of tea, grab a drink, check twitter. And be more careful/patient in future.

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

Unfortunately, I missed his response back when this thread was actually relevant.  But your response is the correct one.  He had asked me if intentional TKing should be punished.  The answer is an obvious yes but since the game cannot determine intent, his position that unintentional TKing shouldn't be punished simply isn't a possibility without removing all punishment.  Personally, I do like that unintentional also gets punished because it forces the player to adapt and improve his game.

PS: After 30+ days played I finally got kicked for unintentional TKing over the weekend in one match (itchy trigger finger) and still haven't gotten a single probation.  I've still got no sympathy for those that are so sloppy in their gameplay that they can't seem to avoid it.

Level 69

I don't see how that is the same thing at all man, accidents happen THAT is a fact, but if you are killing your own team just to be annoying, think that it's funny/clever or just so you can rob their care package?!? Then in my book you deserve to get kicked out/banned from the game. It is a team game after all and there is no I in TEAM, although there is one in SELFISH however and that is what you are being by stitching up your teammates like that

Level 1

Yep, especially if they report you and also send a vid.

Level 59

they need to punish people like they do with the host. they need a 10 second delay and a death added everytime you kill a teammate

Level 10
Highlighted

in reply to CupcakeBandit

That sounds like a good punishment.

Level 59

in reply to ChestSplittah

I 3rd that motion

Level 1

My rule is if I accidentally team kill two people I hide for the rest of the match, so I do not get kicked.  I have never been kicked and I have only team killed two people a couple of times.

Level 8

Studios