Jumpshotting... What's the point?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Jumpshotting... What's the point?

I've just been playing some KC and got into a lobby with a couple of people who have 'MLG' as their clan tag. They kept trying to jumshot but it seemed to get them killed more then it got them kills. This isn't the first time I've come across people who have (unsuccessfully) tried to jumpshot. Obviously a pro player would be able to jumpshot well but I don't get why average players try to attempt this when it just gets them killed

Level 18
39 REPLIES

Re: Jumpshotting... What's the point?

in reply to Im_not_BukLau

to be cool. lets face it the average age is 13 on this game so guess what your gonna deal with.

Level 7

in reply to anigavtew

Has nothing to do with being "cool" forcing your enemy to be accurate or die.

Level 3

Jumping shotting messes with the hit box because the game most often cannot keep up with movement, we see this all the time where we get shot and Killcam shows the guy shooting behind us. But you jump shot you hit box is not only going horizontally but also vertically.

Basically it's just a way to manipulate lag in your favor

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I know that it messes up the hitboxes but it doesn't seem to work very well for people. In my experience the jumpshotter will often lose. Of course there are occasions when it works but those are few and far between.

Level 18

If there's little lag than it can be a terrible tactic because most people who jump are terrible at the game and can't handle the rapid movement of their crosshairs. But if you have a lagvantage jumpshotting means you'll probably escape a triple team completely unharmed

Level 75

I believe it started in Halo. Eventually some "big youtubers" started doing it in COD and it spread from there.

Level 30

in reply to illstplaya2live

Yeah I've heard the term 'Halo jumping' before. I guess a lot of the people who are doing it are just kids trying to be like their favourite YTer or MLG player.

Level 18

Being an average "MLG" player, the point of jumpshotting is to

a) Check a corner that most likely has an enemy around it

b) gain an advantage on your enemy whilst in a gunfight

The main purpose of jumpshotting is to lower your opponents aim to your foot while you jump and aim for his chest, therefore giving you a higher chance of winning the gunfight. I would say for me it works about 7/10 times, im rank 14 in masters league play, and I use it a lot. I am not the best though, there are people much better than me that can execute it 8 or 9 times out of 10.

Level 6

If i Jumpshot, I jump too go prone Immediatly after. Gives me extra XP (Dropshot medal)

And i dodge a lot of bullets killing them.

Jumpshotting WILL FAIL unless u have good, Steady aim.

Level 5

Studios