Just Watched the Origins Cutscene for the first time. . . . . Wow

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Highlighted

Just Watched the Origins Cutscene for the first time. . . . . Wow

I'm at a loss for words after seeing the easter egg cutscene in origins. There are soooo many ways we could interpret it. Honestly although I always hate ambiguous endings, I love the feeling of mystery, and that there's more going on then meets the eye. This is definitely the most genius scene Treyarch has ever made for a zombies map. There is so much foreshadowing, of what is possibly to come, and also allusions back to every other zombies map they've released. Its all there, crunched into this 60 second scene. And the dialogue is definitely very important and probably foreshadowing very major things coming in the future for Cod zombies.

I have few ideas myself, and I'm going to go ahead and throw them out there. First of all, what is Samantha holding in the very beginning? Many people have been saying its a camera, but I've been thinking and I really don't think that's it. She looks directly into it in the beginning, and then she uses it to knock over numerous zombies. (which is not something you'd do with a camera.) Then she sets it down, and later Fluffy knocks it over. I think that she is actually holding the action figure of Dempsey. So we are seeing this whole scene through the eyes of Dempsey. And remember towards the end Eddie says "I wish they were all real". this is definitely foreshadowing of some sort.

I'm really curious to know what you guys think about this, also if you have a different take on this scene, or something else that you noticed that I didn't.

If you don't know what video I have been talking about here's the link:

Origins | Ending Cutscene [Storyline Ending?] - YouTube

Level 5
47 REPLIES

Re: Just Watched the Origins Cutscene for the first time. . . . . Wow

in reply to Tsarthos

I personally hated the ending to BO2 Zombies... 

After World at War and Black Ops I was excited for Black Ops 2 zombies, but the ending to this was just awful.  Honestly, compared to BO zombies, BO2 was a train wreck.

BO ending with Moon was amazing.  The EE wasn't too hard to do, gave everyone death machines, you blow up the earth, and gives you all 8 perks for the rest of the game.

BO2 ending with Origins... I would say that anything from "meh" to "wft" are safe to use.  The EE is a pain in the ass, the reward isn't worth the time you put into it, and then it gives you a cutscene of kids playing with action figures like it was all just a game?  Nothing is really explained...  and probably one thing that bothers me the most is what's the deal with Samantha's voice?  She went from being German to American...  and everyone seems to be ok with this?  Wtf did I miss?

Level 7

in reply to hoboMurder101

i like the idea of something being in her hand never really crossed my mind but as for the end to it she says her dad has a plan and her dad works with the 115 so maby they made all of this real with the `115?

Level 6

in reply to dustycrow

yea its cool follow me

Level 1

in reply to hoboMurder101

one thing that bothers me the most is what's the deal with Samantha's voice?  She went from being German to American...  and everyone seems to be ok with this?  Wtf did I miss?

No one was OK with that that I know of. It was one of the off putting things about Origins pre-release. The first trailer had a demonic sounding Sam, then out of nowhere it changed in the same trailer a few days later!?

Origins completely ruined zombies for me. It is an OK map, but far from great. Definitely not good enough for a final DLC map. The EE was garbage, pointless and completely unsatisfying. Recycling the same step repeatedly throughout. Kill zombies here, then there, then back here again.

Some new features included were cool, but the map was built just to accommodate the return of the original crew, and under the circumstances of how they returned, I would rather have carried on with the Tranzit crew so as not to have ruined the game.

BO2 was overall a terrible experience and the cut scene was just the final kick in the balls.

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

i dont have any of the dlc for black ops or wow. would u recommend any of them? they seem more popular than bo2 and plus i like the first black ops better anyhow

Level 6

in reply to dustycrow

Yes, I would recommend ALL the Black Ops 1 DLC. Ascension is a great map, and CotD is in many peoples mind, the best zombie map released to date. Shangri La is very difficult, but a lot of fun nonetheless and Moon is truly epic. With the purchase of Moon, you also get the WaW maps remastered, so it is 5 maps for the price of 1, so you do not need to buy the WaW DLC as the BO versions are more polished and refined.

Cannot recommend them enough. BUY THEM ALL!

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

Thing about BO1 was that each map was built with the perfect combination of difficulty and fun. The maps could kick your ass a hundred times and you'd always be back for more. BO2 maps are just annoying, frustrating, and gimmicky with no real replay value. I really hope that post showing shangri-la in BO2 is real because if it is that would go a long way in bringing me back to the game.

Level 13

in reply to dustycrow

just keep in mind if you buy the BO 1 maps they will have really outdated graphics.

I agree somewhat with you DeathBringer-Zen, I really do miss the simple but fun maps from black ops 1, my favorite was always "Five". that was a great map, it had awesome character dialogue, and a great hidden song too. I really fell in love with the characters in "five", and that's one thing I did not like about the BO2 maps, they throw in all these new characters that are all rednecks, and I didn't like them as much. And the story. . . well that was definitely the most scattered and confusing story line I've ever attempted to understand. It really felt like they were just making up random rules, and throwing in random crap that doesn't fit with the zombies lore from the previous games.

I can definitely understand why you guys feel cheated when seeing this final cutscene, I felt the same way. to take aaaaall of that complex plot we just struggled to understand and just say it was all a made up story of some kids. . . . that's really rude of them. The only reason I don't feel to bad about it is because I'm not really completely sure what the scene means yet. And I really like all the allusions, and foreshadowing they threw into that eerie scene, with Samantha and Eddie.

I'm definitely hoping they make a story that is more concrete and clear in the future, because honestly, that would be so much better than all this mystery and foreshadowing, and hinting they've done, that has all amounted to nothing. I don't know about you guys, but when they lead me on, and make me think something really meaningful is happening, (like with the navcards, for example) it really ticks me off when I find out later is was all a load of horse crap.

Level 5

in reply to Tsarthos

BO1 maps do not look much different to the BO2 maps, with MotD and Origins being of slight exceptions. I played Moon and CotD the other day and they were visually on par with the likes of Tranzit, Die Rise and Buried easily.

As for BO2... Yeah, it was beyond a train wreck! Maps were extremely easy and seriously lacked longevity due to the arduous tasks required to do stuff in most of them. A lot of the maps also lacked intuitive design to them.

Don't get me started on the terrible storylines and even worse Easter eggs.

Level 53

Studios