Just Watched the Origins Cutscene for the first time. . . . . Wow

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: Just Watched the Origins Cutscene for the firs...

in reply to Tsarthos

Interesting, ive never done a single EE but the first thing I want to point out is the Moon solo music which is awesome. I think that is the perfect music to end BO2 with.

I guess other than than I cant comment too much lol

electricfuneral1

in reply to electricfuneral1

Also I notice that Samantha has a hand held camcorder right from the beginning then puts it down.

electricfuneral1

And when the camera gets kicked by the dog, it shows Sam way up in tally marks in something lol. And who is Eddie?

electricfuneral1

Eddie is Dr. Edward Richtofen... Thought you would had figured that by now

ZombiesFan1

in reply to ZombiesFan1

Sure didnt lol. Last night was the first time I seen the cut scene but I guess I should of figured that out by myself lol

electricfuneral1

Well if you listen to the cutscene, your hear Eddie talk about blue eyes. That was your clue, right there

ZombiesFan1

in reply to ZombiesFan1

lmao, im not gonna lie I didnt even come close to putting 2 and 2 together.

electricfuneral1

That, is debatable. I personally think she is holding an action figure model of Dempsey. Were seeing the whole scene through Dempsey's eyes. (also Eddie hints that he "wishes they were real") Also, I highly doubt that they had camera's in this time period. It makes more sense to me that she's holding one of the four character's in Origins.

Tsarthos

in reply to Tsarthos

I agree but you never know Maxis could have invented time travel or travel of deminsions in which they could have acquired a camera. Bit yeah its Dempsy.

It doesnt seem like the ending is purely a childs dream because of all the other characters throughout all the maps. I dont think Samantha has Sarah Michelle Gellar and etc action figures so how were on CoD with the OG's? Dimension travel?

I definately could be wrong so corrrect me if there are any answers to this.

electricfuneral1

CotD and Five are the two maps that feature real life characters and that makes the ending even more nonsensical to imagine or expect Samantha to use characters in her games that have not even been known to the public or in some cases born yet.

But... taking these major plot holes into account. PTG suggested some time back in a video that the next zombie game from Treyarch will be set some 750 years into the future, but with a world not far evolved from our own due to the decimation of the human race to the infection.

If this is true... then that could mean Samantha and Eddie are from that time period and can maybe know these characters through historical records or memorabilia. I know 750 years is a bit of a stretch to remember certain persons though, so we will not know for sure until the next game drops.

Personally, I still think the ending is what is it, and all the zombie storyline was just the imagination of Samantha and Eddie. I think Treyarch did it to draw a line under the current storyline because it has spiraled into an unmanageable state. There was so many contradictions within it, and the timelines were pretty messed up.

That is also why they probably messed it up even more, but intentionally with Origins. So we would question it when playing. How can Maxis be dead if he was at Griffin Station!? How can he go on to have a child in 10 years from the events of Origins if he is dead? How can Dempsey meet Richtofen ans the crew in Origins if he never met them until he was captured at Verruckt?

Well... because none of it matters really... It was all just in the imagination of two children, where things don't have to be accurate.

DeathBringer-Zen

Studios