Just Watched the Origins Cutscene for the first time. . . . . Wow

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: Just Watched the Origins Cutscene for the first time. . . . . Wow

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

I don't think maps like Five mess with the lore at all. When I play that map I already know its unrealistic, and doesn't fit with the rest of the lore, its ok though because its a stand-alone map that was made just because they thought it would be cool to try that. I think it turned out great. Honestly all the maps that have separate storylines have been my favorite. MOTD and Five both are very interesting, and fun.

Part of the reason I don't like the maps like Tranzit, Die RIse, Buried, is because all they do is give you hints, they never actually reveal anything about the characters or the story! and when they do its after way to much trouble, and its still barely anything that is revealed.

What Treyarch needs to realize is that yeah, giving hints and foreshadowing is an excellent method for getting people invested into a story, but you have to actually reveal the answers, or at least something! You can't lead the audience on, and then give them NOTHING in the end. Nothing but more hints and foreshadowing.

Treyarch needs to take the story more seriously next time around. Making an actual, followable story, that would be a great idea.

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to Tsarthos

Tsarthos wrote:

I don't think maps like Five mess with the lore at all. When I play that map I already know its unrealistic, and doesn't fit with the rest of the lore, its ok though because its a stand-alone map that was made just because they thought it would be cool to try that. I think it turned out great. Honestly all the maps that have separate storylines have been my favorite. MOTD and Five both are very interesting, and fun.

That is not quite the case. Five is actually a very important map in the storyline. The reason there is a picture of Richtofen in the Defcon room is because he made a deal with the Americans that would give him funding and resources for the development and building or Griffin Station in exchange for the teleportation and wonder weapon technology.

This is why a prototype Thundergun is seen on the map, as well as advanced teleporters and many other things. The map is very much a part of the storyline as any other. The least important map is probably Ascension, seeing as the storyline there is related more to the ongoings at the cosmodrome rather than the main storyline.

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

DeathBringer-Zen wrote:

Tsarthos wrote:

That is not quite the case. Five is actually a very important map in the storyline. The reason there is a picture of Richtofen in the Defcon room is because he made a deal with the Americans that would give him funding and resources for the development and building or Griffin Station in exchange for the teleportation and wonder weapon technology.

Moons description has a whole other meaning now.

Level 35

in reply to Megadog14

That is how Griffin Station was built. How else would Richtofen be able to build Griffin Station off the grid? He went behind Maxis' back when he refused to acknowledge the Teleporter technology.

He sold his secrets to the Americans in exchange for funding. They obviously did not know his "hidden agenda" in all of it. They were just happy to get the technology secrets, and expected more from the 'Moon Project'.

Five is a VERY important map in the story.

Level 53

in reply to Megadog14

Ok then, just one question. In moon, why did Richtofen say on the odd occassion, "the foolish americans will never gain my secrets". If he said this, I really doubt he would give them to the americans, only the americans discovering this for themselves. Just an opinion, Dempsey is in contact with the americans anyway, so he could easily just tell them everything. As said, FIVE is a huge part of the story. Also linked to ascension, the phones ringing because the FIVE event was happening at that exact time.

Level 6

in reply to Tsarthos

Here is my viewpoint:

Black Ops 1:

Great maps and replay value is so high, but the lack for public lobby that don't suck ruin my time in the game. I sometimes have to wait hours to find a decent quality match. The maps although are tremendously fun and addictive. I got to say that my favorite map from Black Ops 1 is Call of the Dead. Just because the mixture of comical statements between the characters and the semi-difficulty of the map was a perfect recipe for a great zombie map.

I am sorry to say but my least favorite would have to be moon. Just more or less got boring because of the amount area you could run trains made my gameplay more or less challenging. Please don't hate me for that. Note, I did not get map until 3 months after initial launch of that dlc pack. I got to say most challenging map though would have to be Shang Ri LI. The reason behind that would have to be that the map featured more than one type of zombies alongside that of a tight pathway map. Their really was not one area that could hold decent size train. I found my self running for my life across the whole entire map. Which by the way I enjoy maps like that because they make you utilize the entire map.

Black Op2:

Now, although I "Really" despise the ending of Black Ops 2. The way they left zombies I would consider the "The Easy way out and a slap to the face of true zombie players" I got to say I did like all the map except for Tranzit. I do not know what is up with that map but I did really find it very useless map. I did like them introducing the start of split Easter eggs. At the same time I think that is where they started to lose themselves with the original story. Why create new characters when you could of used old characters. The characters were useless because they end up getting killed off anyways. Why the point then? I don't know. Point being bad decision making on Treyarchs zombie team. Let me stop harping on negatives and throw this into a more positive constructive manor. My favorite map has to be tied between Mob of the Dead and Origins. They both feature excellent graphics and superb gameplay but sometimes feels boring. The two main boss rounds within each map are great and will always be my favorite "Fat A****"",lol, bosses. The one thing I do like that they implanted into the gameplay is the contemporary music. I swear every time I play those two maps with that music playing just gives me the Goosebumps. They really nailed it with that. Now onto the buildables. I'm just going to say I have a mixed feeling about them. That is all.

Now question is what is the verdict of which is better?

Well it's more or less a matter of opinion.

Mine is Black Ops 1 for win and Black ops 2 for the music.

Please note this is my opinion.

Level 5

in reply to InventiveDamage

The question is: What you people expected for the ending?

I didn't expected nothing to start with, this ending may be bad to some, good to others. The point is that, just like in TV shows, the ending CAN'T always be what you expect. Too many are good, so few are bad. I never thought Zombie should had gotten a GOOD ending. I just wish Michael Myers would kill everyone in one of the movies, but guess not I think samantha can tell future, that's how i see the Beginning of the story. From now on, they just take any path they want with the story, it has infinite possibilities.

Samantha: I'll tell you how this REALLY began.

People need to stop thinking this is the end of the story, when it's actually the beginning

That is MY opinion of course

Level 4

in reply to InventiveDamage

Because it would make sense in the storyline. Why would Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, Samantha help Richtofen with his plan? Takeo just started hating him because of what happened in Moon. Makes sense now right?

Level 5

Studios