Kevin Sherwood confirms that Origins is the end of the zombies story W/Link

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: Kevin Sherwood confirms that Origins is the end of the zombies story W/Link

in reply to Group115

The way that he used the word "finality" could mean the end of the original crew storyline or it could just refer to Origins being the final story for BO2.  It's hard to say which but given that he was endeavoring to lavish us with the epicness of what they accomplished with the Archangel song, it may have just been a big word choice that doesn't really fit with his intended message.

PS: He's a sound engineer and while he did a fantastic job with the sound and while he likely has a good bit of inside knowledge that we don't, he's probably not writing storylines.  At this stage of the game, I doubt that the writers themselves have settled in on where things are going next but I would be beyond shocked if Zombies isn't in the next title given that IW is introducing their version of it in Ghosts.

Level 69

in reply to Group115

I'd like to comfort in the fact that yes, This Zombies story is over, however there a new one that will take place and it is turning out to become quite an amazing tale and this time, zombies will change, for the better. Its not over, its only begging

Level 2

in reply to DoctorYena

Yena is right... this storyline is over, but zombies is only just beginning.

This story had spiraled out of control and needed to end, but the manner in which it did was both tragic and unforgivable, but needs must, and this story needed to end.

I have little faith in Treyarch these days, but next gen technology opens up new doors to explore. I am sure the next zombie outing will be something completely different to what we are used to already.

I cannot wait.

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

I'd like to think that Origins (the ending cutscene ) was a metaphor for the whole back series. Assuming it was all imaginary, they indeed can now branch out and make sense of it all. Possibly introducing us to the true underlying story.

Level 11

in reply to Group115

Friday the 13th had "the final chapter". That was only the 4th movie lol.

Level 21
Highlighted

in reply to Tacnimin

That just makes me want a map with Jason chasing players around with a machette and the same amount of health as George in CoTD

Level 2

in reply to Group115

Finality of THIS story...

Level 1

Studios