LAG... it´s a lossing battle?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

LAG... it´s a lossing battle?

I can´t play bo2 anymore, always lagging, at first when bo2 was released I was able to play smoothly and no lag, today my game is not smooth and I have tons of lag. I even improved my network service. My internet speed, now is: Download 124Mbps... Upload 7,81Mbps and my ping is 3ms. I have run this test today in SPEEDTEST.NET. In game my net type is always OPEN. Can anyone help me?

Level 1
20 REPLIES

Re: LAG... it´s a lossing battle?

in reply to pauteix

I have 62.87Mbps and guess what mine is exactly the same.

Do you have any DLC by any chance?

If you do disable it by going in to your xmb and account management then deactivate account.

This will help a little but it will improve matchmaking instead of waiting 24 hours for a match.

You will now be informed by some members it is not the game but on your side which is utter bull s h i t

Level 1

in reply to pauteix

When i got this game and suffered insane lag, (which was enough for me to ditch the game), i posted about it and was shouted down by the people who didn't have the issue, all i can say is "welcome to the shafted by treyarch club"

Level 10

in reply to squirt_magoo

You always will be shouted down or told you are wrong and its your playstation by the people on here with a million posts.

Just earlier I had some smart ass high poster saying the DLC does not affect the game in anyway and it is my end I need to delete the DLC and grab it again (which by the way would be the 3rd time)

Anyhow I took mr smarties advice I deleted everything to do with Black ops 2 and Downloaded everything again which would be no problem if it fixed it seen as I have a fast connection took me 20 mins to get everything and install it AGAIN but did it work? Hell no matchmaking is dire again waiting in a lobby for 20mins no one can be found at all in Free for all or Party games.........Hang on ill play other games what do you know they all work a treat.

So no it is not this game its my end....sarcasm

Level 1

in reply to Epticlectik

It's been reported by a forum Admin that both the BO2 and the BO1 servers were undergoing maintenance yesterday.  Unless you been having extended connection issues for days then that's more than likely the cause of your problem.  I played FFA quite a bit last night and didn't have any issues despite the very low population numbers.  But that probably just means that the server that I was connected to wasn't undergoing maintenance at the time.  There are a whole host of things that can and will cause connection problems.  Unfortunately, figuring out which exact thing is causing a particular persons problems if often a guessing game.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Bit of a coincidence is it not that matchmaking and lag problems seem to ten fold if my account is activated meaning the DLC works but if I deactivate it the problems go back to normal still unacceptable but normal as in how the game has always been.

Level 1

in reply to Epticlectik

If its so bad, stop playing.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

Read my posts i want the dlc to work if not my money back

Level 1

in reply to Epticlectik

If you had bothered to read it, it says no refunds.

Level 35

in reply to Epticlectik

That is an oddity that must have some merit to it although not everybody experiences it.  I for one have the Season pass with all of the DLC active all the time.  My lag is basically the same now as it's always been.  But for others the lag goes nuts when they have the DLC active.  I have to wonder if it's a regional problem.  As in is the lag awful just when you're playing a DLC map or is it awful on original maps too when you have DLC activated?  I wonder this because I live in a highly populated area.  So I'm sure that there are tons of people near me that have the DLC on all the time just like I do and that may very well be why I don't see a difference but someone living in a less populated area may only be able to find DLC lobbies that are simply too far away from them to avoid lag problems.  I know when I find myself in a West Coast lobby when I live on the East Coast, the lag is much worse and it doesn't matter what the map is.  Obviously I don't know what makes the difference in my experience and yours but it is something that I've pondered.

Level 69

Studios