Lag Explained (Warning: Wall of Text!)

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Lag Explained (Warning: Wall of Text!)

in reply to avengedyesterda

avengedyesterday wrote:

Good post.

They just need to cut back down to the basics. Anyone remember all these problems in cod4 or waw? Even Mw2 wasn't bad but it did make an apperence then. There is just simply too much going on in games now. Too many player controled killstreaks, too many killstreaks being used at the same time. Not only that but in blackops the host also sent data to activison servers (theater). In MW3 they replaced this with elite ( stat updating ). Standard internet speeds haven't changed much since cod4 but yet the games are pulling more and more.

This

- Elite

- Theater Mode

Also:

- Split-Screeners

My 3 concerns in which has caused the excessive lag & framerate issues in MW3 & Black Ops. Didn't happen so much in COD4, WAW & MW2.

There's too much going on for the host to handle in-game.

Level 51
Highlighted

in reply to vims2011

Since G IH A IN ID II has graced us with his presence and a lot of highly valuable info over the time MW3 has been out. Two things... He stated that the enormous amount of things that can be involved ingame effect this. Macc touched on this also. He said to a certain degree all equipment and KSs effect bandwidth to a certain degree. Now look at Black Ops. It was basically MW2 by Treyarch in q different time period as far as perks and challenges and KSs equipment availability. Vims and  Avenged touched on the big changes. Now the thing that effected netcode so much since CoD4, W@W, MW2 was the security and ingame reporting features. Black Ops, MW3 basically played the same. The latter worse. So the big info that has been lagging behind in being released... Is.. Black Ops II will have the same thing. Is it addressed?

Level 59

in reply to ChestSplittah

Interesting. If it gets worse, due to more in game features, I'm screwed. Solo zombies here I come.

Level 9

in reply to xblbw

I don't know if it will get worse, but I would...as I know many that aren't easily hoodwinked...like to know if they have been working tirelessly on resolving these issues.

Level 59

I doubt this is something that they'll come out and talk to us openly about. Sure they'll mention something in passing during an interview, but it'll probably be another "No more Final Stand" type ordeal

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I assume so. Though Vahn has stated problems from the past that he is apologetic for. I commend him for that.

Level 59

We know for a fact that they will work their butts off to make the xbox version smooth but us PS3 Playas might get put on the back burner AGAIN.

Level 1

in reply to vims2011

There are a lot more people playing BO2 than there were playing CoD4 or WaW, too, particularly on the global scale.  In some ways Call of Duty is becoming a victim of its own success.

Level 26

in reply to avengedyesterda

I agree, they need to tone it down a bit. CoD has come a long way from it's roots. Perhaps too far

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Nice thread ghammy (hat off).

Level 34

Studios