Longshot medal question.. Please help

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Longshot medal question.. Please help

I'm trying to get the gold camo for the scar. One of the challenges to get gold is to get 10 longshot medals. Now I could have sworn that I got 10 longshot kills already. But I only have 1 longshot medal with 9 to go. Can someone tell me what's going on? Is there some sort of glitch or have they changed the distance from other cods to get a longshot?

illstplaya2live
4 REPLIES

Re: Longshot medal question.. Please help

in reply to illstplaya2live

It only counts longshot medals which you've earned after completing the headshot challenges.

I found the best maps for getting AR longshot medals were Standoff and Express.  Turbine and Carrier offer a lot of long-distance sightlines, but you're more likely to run into snipers or LMG gunners staring back at you on those maps.

Harv72

in reply to Harv72

Yeah I know it only counts after headshot challenges were completed. I'll try going for it on those maps you mentioned though.

illstplaya2live

in reply to illstplaya2live

Pretty much a longshot kill is the point where you can see your enemy from a distance. Like in nuketown if you camp it in the back and kill them as they come out from the side of house its a longshot kill. Use target finder yes i know it sounds nooby but its worth it. Good maps are Turbine, Drone, Meltdown, and Standoff.

Thembones1

in reply to Thembones1

Thanks I didn't even think of using the target finder because I hate it but that's a good idea.

illstplaya2live

Studios