-MAX AMMO- drops

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: -MAX AMMO- drops

in reply to Chronickells

Yeah you really need some teamwork if you want to camp to high rounds, here is what i have done in the past. Lightning staff and cherry cause issues in high rounds so avoid them at all cost but its hard to tell the 4th player not to use his staff.

40+ scene conserving ammo... While camping get lightning to go first and get wind to cover in case they get through, so lightning needs to shoot a charged shot and then just blast the rest of the clip like a normal gun, when he is dry wind will take over shooting charged 3bullet shots obviously, then when he is out fire takes his place somewhere after 40 fire will have to shoot 6bullet charged shots, ice is to go last as he can finish the whole round always shooting 3bullet charge, preferably when everyone else is out of ammo. When one player is shooting staffs get others to shoot SMG's or pistols and when you get Insta Kill to save ammo.

Try camping between gen1 and 2, locked in between those doors behind gen1 door, this is a lot faster.

The drone strategy needs a lot of skill and very hard to do in a team game, i dont think it can be done outside the crazy place but i can be wrong.

Level 26
Highlighted

in reply to boybad3

The drone strategy I was talking about was a solo one by church just a thought.

So you were talking about behind gen 1 door and not right by semtex? I thought that strategy was to stand by semtex.

Level 3

in reply to Chronickells

This spot here, when you ready to camp jump in from the tank track, both doors between this passage must remain closed so you are locked in here, open the door to gen2 when you out of ammo, it will slow the spawns down but you still can camp here with one door open, depends on how many is in the team you can sit here till 40-50+ before you need to open the door, 60+ on solo.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200782956

Check some strategies here, solidus_kalt spot is very nice.

style="max-width: 1200px; max-height: 900px;"/>

Level 26

in reply to boybad3

I usually get a Max Ammo every 3rd to 5th round or so. I noticed that if I dont hit the box as much.,I get more drops.

Heres how I discovered this. While playing Buried for the first time, I notice that the map was being very generous with the drops. I asked my friend if he noticed it too. Is it the map or our M.O. Playing MOTD I couldn't get drop to save my life.

Buried is the only map that I hardly hit the box. So my advise is simple. Find a wall weapon and get fimilar with it.

Also I noticed that spraying into large crowd of Zs can really produce some drops. Mainly alotta instakills. I'm not sure if theres any kind of formula or whatever but that usually how it play out for me.

Level 12

in reply to boybad3

From what I remember reading on CODZ there is 3 drops per round limit no matter what round it is. You can get more than 3 drops in a round but they have to come from another source(killing panzer,digging w/ shovel,shed on nuketown, bank in buried, ect.) because after 3 drops in one round the zombies wont drop powerups anymore. You are 100% correct about avoiding the box to avoid firesales giving you a higher chance of a max since the firesale wont be an  option for a drop. Also drops are random so saving x-drop for later is pointless.

Level 9

in reply to FatalHeadshot

once u get to a certain point (somewhere in the 20's) u get 4 drops a round every round unless u get them from another source but u are right about the drops being random. get them when they drop because they are not coming back.

Level 4

in reply to boybad3

I didn't bother reading the comments, so if I'm repeating someone then I am sorry... Three rumors are incorrect; drops do not recycle, there is no limit on drops per round as some believe only 4 drops are possible? No, all drops available, and firesales do not lessen your ammos directly...

You will get every drop, every round, no matter what... Sometimes the game glitches and drops two of one drop and none of another, but you always get X amount of drops every round... Always, unless a certain weapon prevents drops, i.e. waffle iron from der riese... So what I meant by, directly, with the firesales was meaning that with one more drop in the mix there is a slightly higher chance that you will get two of one drop and none of another, which is why in high round games we NEVER move the box... Firesales are bad lol... If you're trying to get the most max ammos possible, then do not ever get bombs, as bombs will most likely spawn the max ammo out of sight, THIS is why you'll never see me get bombs in my streams unless i have all Zs in one group, unless its early rounds lol because who gives a shit about ammo when they die so easily... Hope this helps...

Level 24

in reply to ydajdimstr

I agree with u 100%. Everyone should know this just from the play through of round 1. Sometimes u get a nuke when u knife the first zombie, or get a X2 from the last zombie, or max ammo every round till round 10.

Level 3

in reply to ydajdimstr

That's interesting. When I was reading this thread, I was sure that I have seen more than 4 drops in a round and pretty sure that I've seen 6 in a round on Origins. So are you saying that it is dependent upon the number of different types of drop available on the map?

So on MOTD there would be 6 drops per round - Max ammo, Insta Kill, Nuke, Double Points, Carpenter and Fire sale. But on Origins there would be 7 per round because zombie blood is available?

In regards to not getting nukes, even if you gather a train first, in later rounds they spawn in quickly and some will die as they spawn in behind barriers. Wouldn't that be another variant on how many drops per round? If you hold out a spawn room and kill zombies behind windows, you could go a whole round without getting any drops. Wouldn't that mean that any zombies killed behind barriers might lessen the amount of drops in that particular round?

Level 9

in reply to Davelo07

A bomb will only kill the amount of Zs already spawned in, behind a window or not... If you have every Z on the map behind you, and grab a bomb, it will only kill Zs behind you... I promise... And as far as the perks dropping, yes, if 7 drops are available you will get 7 drops that round... You will especially notice this well into the 50s and beyond, as all drops will come at the beginning of the round...

Also, you are correct about no perks dropping if all Zs are killed out of barriers, but if you let the last Z of each round in you will almost always get a drop... That's how we do our speed runs on TZit when we need ammo in our secondaries... However, in normal gameplay, with trains, you will always get all your drops...

Level 24

Studios