My god, it's full of cheaters

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: My god, it's full of cheaters

in reply to schwapj

Still not thinking of tactics, he may have seen you BEFORE you got into that corner so therefore knew you were there, also on public forums proof is needed in cases like yours. Unless any is provided, there is little chance of any agreement. Wallhacks are very obvious, they are killing people at a fast and large rate from anywhere across the map, simple as that.  You say that game creators have acknowledged that banning of thousands of cheaters, may there be a link to were you gleamed this info from, right now how are we supposed to know your not making stuff up from your mind, which is quite common with people on these forums. As already said, I have never encountered a cheater other than one which was on Black ops 2 (for obvious reasons) on any COD game ever since the COD franchise started, over that time I've played with many thousands of people, if there was as many cheaters as you claim, then I think I would be seeing a lot, don't you think. No luck involved.

Level 6

in reply to reluctent

Sure, lots of guys see me go into a corner before I get there. That's why I don't report them. This one could not have, so I reported him. And yes, I was looking for that link, but couldn't remember where I found it. It was in one of the sub-stories to this thread's topic, where the OP was complaining directly to Activision and got a kind of canned response like "We're sorry your having issues, please continue to use the in game reporter....".

Considering the final score was something like 65-25, I would say they were killing a lot of us from across the map. But I don't report cheats against my teammates, since I don't quite have the right point of view (and it would involve the possibility that THEY may have been seen ducking somewhere and were killed by tactics, not hacks). The better you are, the less likely you are to "see" cheaters. I assume you rarely play a 3-12 game, but for me it's kind of routine.

Level 1

in reply to schwapj

Play em quite often actually, still no cheaters or wallhacks. I've played a 1-12 game and won single handedly, against my own clan. I only died 5 times with 79 kills, no cheating involved. The guys I was against got smashed and I wasn't even camping or sitting still, just running around with dual SMG's. I don't do it as a rountine but I could if I wanted to, I could do stuff like that for as long as MW3 is played.

Level 6

in reply to reluctent

Sorry--3 kills to 12 deaths, not 3 players vs. 12 players.

Level 1

in reply to reluctent

I know this is no longer front burner but for the sake of completeness, here is where I got the information:

Stupid question

And here is the exact quote:

"We have banned countless cheaters and with your help, we will ban countless more."

Level 1

in reply to Snotnose

You are forgetting that most of the people you are playing with have had the game for many months before you and as such are more knowledgeable with the maps, spawn points, hiding spots and team/enemy movements/strategies. An average player knowing that can get a 50 kill vs 3 deaths easy.

I tend to only play on the Apocalypse maps and as such there a many times on a good night when I get an insane k/d as it is a rotation between only four maps. 

I remember my first few weeks with the game, I too thought what is going on? But I settled on the conclusion I was a noob trying to figure the maps and concentrated on improving the strategy that works.

Level 8

in reply to Snotnose

Hmmm I had no idea there were so many players with KDRs way over 20.  Good thing I quit playing except for the occasional social get together with friends.

A number of you blasted the OP for saying that 50-3 means cheating.  You are of course correct.  It is possible to get 50-3 legit.

By the same token, I don't know how anyone that has logged hours in lobbies and seen numerous videos, even on PS3s of hackers/modders would come on here and say it is not a problem.  There were three confirmed hacks for Ghosts on PS3 on launch day.  On Lag of Duty: Hack Ops 2 we have players starting matches in public lobbies with score streaks on demand, god mode, floating above the map, going under the map, entering walls inside the map, unlimited ammo and those are just the ones I have seen. We also have seen video of wall hacks and aim bots, (but I have not seen one of those on a PS3 myself.)

While it is fine to state that he may not have seen a cheater, stating it can only be a great player and not a cheater is no more correct than the OP.    

Level 15

in reply to Kothar44

Hacks seemed a lot more common on PS3 than on Xbox, I've gotta say. Note, I say SEEMED not WERE. I just saw a lot more outrage about it on the PS3 forums, whereas pretty much any time someone called HAX on the Xbox subforum, it got conclusively debunked.

But tbh I'm going to be honest and say that the worst I have seen from MW2 to present day has been a rapid fire controller. Thats HOW many years without sharing a lobby with someone hacking? I'd hardly call that a 'problem'. With regards to Xbox anyhoo.

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

Well there ain't anything that anybody can do about that, activision and the other companies, Treyarch etc, have said it is not classed as cheating if somebody was to use a modded controller and so therefore would not even ban those players if caught. Modders will have to be ignored as it is the only thing that's possible, either leave the game or just grit your teeth.

Level 6

in reply to reluctent

oops.  You can use a third party controller as long as it does not give a non-mechanical advantage.  I.E A Scuf, with multiple buttons and a different layout is made to let you mash buttons faster, not made so mashing a button makes a game action happen faster/automatically.  SInce the Scuf has no game overriding functions, it is fine, as are countless other third party controllers.  Only when the controller gives a programmed advantage (auto aim, auto drop shot, rapid fire in excess of the games set rpm for that gun, ignore clip round limit etc etc are they considered "modded"  

Unsupported Peripheral Devices & Applications

Any user who utilizes an unsupported external hardware device or application to interact with the game is subject to penalty. Unsupported peripheral devices and applications include but are not limited to modded controllers, IP flooders and lag switches.

Minor offense: User will be temporarily banned from playing the game online, will have  their stats & emblems reset and will have their leaderboard entries deleted.

Extreme or repeat offenses: User will be permanently banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, and will be blocked permanently from appearing in leaderboards.

Level 15

Studios