NEW MAPS AWRSOME ? ARE THEY WHERES THE 4TH MAP NOT UPLINK WE ALL READY GOT AS SUMMIT WE ALLREADY GOT THAT ON BLACK OPS 1 :s ?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

NEW MAPS AWRSOME ? ARE THEY WHERES THE 4TH MAP NOT UPLINK WE ALL READY GOT AS SUMMIT WE ALLREADY GOT THAT ON BLACK OPS 1 :s ?

THINK TREYARCH OWS EVERY 1 2 NEW MAPS WHY ?

ok BLACK OPS 1 firing rang / STUDIO . summit / UPLINK sounds like people are paying for 4 new maps and now we getting the maps we all ready have on black ops 1 why are people paying for maps we all ready got if i wonted summit as uplink i would be playing black ops 1 shouldn't it be a FREE BE and make  another map ?

uplink ok its a good terrain thunder and no snow but every 1s got it on black ops should be a freebie like where's the 4th map black ops 2 is getting a bit of a joke now who's laughing making the maps and adding on the only best 1 is the island 1 cove its like playing dead island but

do they ow another 2 maps i think so ?

Level 6
22 REPLIES

Re: NEW MAPS AWRSOME ? ARE THEY WHERES THE 4TH MAP NOT UPLINK WE ALL READY GOT AS SUMMIT WE ALLREADY GOT THAT ON BLACK OPS 1 :s ?

in reply to saswookey11

saswookey1 wrote:

THINK TREYARCH OWS EVERY 1 2 NEW MAPS WHY ?

I get it, it feels like they are selling us the same old maps and that's a normal reaction, I am not very pleased with that as well.

But they don't owe us anything, we purchase out of free will. It would be a nice gesture on their part to add another free map to us all (doubt it).

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Re: NEW MAPS AWRSOME ? ARE THEY WHERES THE 4TH MAP NOT UPLINK WE ALL READY GOT AS SUMMIT WE ALLREADY GOT THAT ON BLACK OPS 1 :s ?

in reply to Izjar11

I agree. Maybe instead of coming on the forums and saying that we totally love a particular map, we should keep the praises more reserved. I think the developers hear us praise certain maps as great and awesome, and they think "nostalgic moment" when they come out with new versions of the game/dlc in giving us variations of past popular maps. I personally see it as the developers being lazy and quite frankly settling for status quo. Why work hard to create something, when the masses will accept the same old, same old and pay handsomely for it as well. We as the consumers are the only ones who can change that mindset. Like you said, "They don't owe us anything", but a reduction in annual sales would probably give them second thoughts on that concept.

Level 7

in reply to MysteriousDeeds

MysteriousDeeds wrote:

I agree. Maybe instead of coming on the forums and saying that we totally love a particular map, we should keep the praises more reserved. I think the developers hear us praise certain maps as great and awesome, and they think "nostalgic moment" when they come out with new versions of the game/dlc in giving us variations of past popular maps. I personally see it as the developers being lazy and quite frankly settling for status quo. Why work hard to create something, when the masses will accept the same old, same old and pay handsomely for it as well. We as the consumers are the only ones who can change that mindset. Like you said, "They don't owe us anything", but a reduction in annual sales would probably give them second thoughts on that concept.

Well from my time participating here, and what I read on these same (BO2) forums before the game was released, people clamored for "old" maps.

They've only added two maps to the overall DLC purchase, its not like they've re-made them all, I think we are just being anal about this.

People generally like the addition of these older (popoular) maps, anyways at this point its done. No need to cry over spilled milk.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

MysteriousDeeds wrote:

I think the developers hear us praise certain maps as great and awesome, and they think "nostalgic moment" when they come out with new versions of the game/dlc in giving us variations of past popular maps

Disagree

MysteriousDeeds wrote:

I personally see it as the developers being lazy and quite frankly settling for status quo. Why work hard to create something, when the masses will accept the same old, same old and pay handsomely for it as well.

Agree

Level 18

agree

Level 6

in reply to saswookey11

what im saying was 4 new maps old 1s should be a add on so people pay for 4 new 1s not 1s we all ready got if you no what I mean coolieo

Level 6

in reply to saswookey11

Honestly, I would rather play a 'revamped' map I enjoy than a new one that I don't (Sure they could create a new map I would enjoy too, but personally I don't feel like I'm owed something new if I'm choosing to pay myself).

In my mind I'm paying just over £10 for something that is (probably) going to give me a few days (In game time) of enjoyment at least. Seems fair to me.

Level 2

in reply to AcousticChris1

If I want to play an old map which I already paid for, I will play BO1. I paid for 4 new maps.

Level 18

in reply to mwfan55

And what if I want to play Black Ops 2 game mechanics on an old map?

It makes me crack a smile when people use the argument that someone should go and play the original game for the map. I haven't bought the map pack to play a map remake, I've bought the map pack to play a map remake on a different game.

You knew exactly what you were purchasing yet you complain anyway?

Level 2

Studios