No Treyarch ZOMBIES until 2015 *CONFIRMED*

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

No Treyarch ZOMBIES until 2015 *CONFIRMED*

If you havent heard, Sledgehammer Games has officially announced that they are making Call of Duty 2014. This also confirms that their is a 3 Dev cycle now which goes: Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer, and then Treyarch. As we all know Treyarch are the creators of the ZOMBIES mode and with them not developing we are clearly not seeing it this year. Hopefully this longer time period gives Treyarch extra time to create the best ZOMBIES experience ever!!!

Sources:

Activision confirms 3 year dev cycle for the Call of Duty franchise; SHGames game coming in 2014 – C...

Sledgehammer Games (SHGames) on Twitter

This is good and bad at the same time...

Also, after I tweeted Treyarch  and Sledgehammer Games about having no NEW zombies for a year I got a reply from Activision Support:

Feb 6

We can pass your feedback up, but does have a few tricks up their sleeves.... ^NM

I have no idea what this means but it must mean something!

Let me know what you think below

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Level 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No Treyarch ZOMBIES until 2015 *CONFIRMED*

in reply to Zombich1313
Solution
‎09-02-2014 10:23 AM

They assisted on Der Riese and Shangri La with the campaign team I believe. I know they worked on them, but it was just modelling and stuff. Not the actual mapping. Raven made Kino in it's entirety. It was supposed to be DLC 4 on WaW, but time constraints meant they included it in BO1, and because they had time, Treyarch made Five and that is why we got 2 maps with the game. It still contained the Nazi references that Treyarch tried to filter out on BO1, so this is why Kino was the last to feature 'Nazi Zombies'.

Level 53
29 REPLIES

in reply to Group115

Too bad treyarch doesnt just make zombies and add it to the SH game coming out this year

Level 6
Highlighted

in reply to M3NTZ3R29

IT MAKES ME KINDA GLAD MEY INTERNETS BEEN OFF SINCE BURRIED CAME OUT

Level 1

in reply to handofdoom

and i never did the ees so theres something to do obce i get my internet back on

Level 1

in reply to Group115

I think for me they're confirming some kind of extra curricular mode, whether that's the continuation of zombies, or a new ip, I guess we'll have to wait a while to find out.

I miss zombies

Level 9

in reply to whots_his_face

maybe itll be kinda fun like survivor

Level 1

in reply to Group115

One thing that is promising for zombies still coming this year, is all the zombie EEs that were in MW3. Sledgehammer worked on MW3 and the campaign and multiplayer had zombie EEs in them. The biggest one being the Sam drawing on the wall where she was holding her teddy bear and a sledgehammer. Another possible hint at Sledgehammer continuing a form of zombies, is the hammer drawing in the beginning of Tranzit on the pole. Whether or not thats good for Zombies and if they are even doing anything zombie related, I'm very curious to see what Sledgehammer does have up their sleeves. Without zombies, I probably won't buy it, but still very curious.

Level 32

in reply to Cheesegrater281

Well the founders of Sledgehammer Worked together (before the formation of Sledgehammer) on the first Dead Space. I for one loved that game and still play it occasionally even if I know every time I'm going to be attacked. So I believe with at least just that game on their resume is plenty enough to show me they could make a twisted zombies experience. I see their maps leaning towards the dark, harsh, gritty, type of feel akin to maps such as origins and MOTD rather than the lackluster feel of the maps with the N4, fridge, and bank in them. I can't wait to see what they have. I know its gotta be creepier than Extinction.

Level 8

in reply to Zombich1313

Sledgehammer have worked on zombie maps in the past, and Raven Software themselves made Kino Der Toten, so seeing another company try their hands at zombies would not be a bad thing.

For a start, it would still be made on the same game engine, so would still look and feel pretty much the same. Also, taking Kino as a reference, that particular map does not contain very many glitches and is one of the best maps ever made. Treyarch had no part in that maps development, so it is proof that another developer could do a job.

I also love Dead Space and think that Sledgehammer could get the atmosphere back to the old days if they had the opportunity. Still, not sure if it will be the case though.

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

Which maps has SH worked on if you don't mind me asking? lmao I seen that guy call you a noob on the other post. funny shit dude. niggas be crazy.

Level 8

Studios