No Treyarch ZOMBIES until 2015 *CONFIRMED*

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Highlighted

Re: No Treyarch ZOMBIES until 2015 *CONFIRMED*

in reply to Zombich1313
Solution
‎09-02-2014 10:23 AM

They assisted on Der Riese and Shangri La with the campaign team I believe. I know they worked on them, but it was just modelling and stuff. Not the actual mapping. Raven made Kino in it's entirety. It was supposed to be DLC 4 on WaW, but time constraints meant they included it in BO1, and because they had time, Treyarch made Five and that is why we got 2 maps with the game. It still contained the Nazi references that Treyarch tried to filter out on BO1, so this is why Kino was the last to feature 'Nazi Zombies'.

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

I didnt know that! I could see why they wanted to get rid of the Natzi theme.

Level 11

in reply to Group115

Well, aside from Kino, no other map in BO1 has Nazi References, and the only reason Kino did was because it was made for WaW originally, and as the map was complete, they decided to include it in BO1 along side Five.

An edited version available in Germany had the Nazi flags taken out I believe.

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

Here's a thought; this extra time they've been granted should now be plenty enough to release some sort of updated Radiant or an equivalent. I'd be thoroughly interested in seeing custom maps of a higher caliber. Custom maps have come a long way, sure, but they're still a bit of an eyesore running that IW3 engine.

Level 34

in reply to theatriks

I agree. No matter how much effort is put into a custom map, it will never look any better than WaW does, and it does indeed look very dated already.

I cannot see the radiant tools ever getting released, but if they do it will probably be when the CoD franchise moves over to next-gen permanently and only then it will be because it will look dated somewhat and won't prove to be any solid competition to the main CoD titles.

WaW sold more copies on PC after radiant was released for it than it did before hand, and it might be incentive enough to see them try and beat the life out of BO1 & BO2 through steam sales. They know it will make them a return, but who knows.

I heard it was IW that was actually holding up a release due to the BO1 & BO2 versions of the engine having stuff in it that they did not want the public to gain access to. That could just be hearsay though.

I still hold out some hope, but it fades as each month passes.

Level 53

in reply to Cheesegrater281

WWhy can't they just release map pack for black ops? 10$ a map. Think it would be less overhead, and generate cash flow for a body of work already delivered. Nothing tangible needed to be produced and could clean up any of the mess while congruently working for the 2015 release. If they were to drop another dlc, you already know each and every persons on both side of the forum would get it. Unless there's a non compete clause in their contracts with cod.

Level 11

in reply to Tictacn

Best idea ever. Let the campaign team do 4 more dlcs until sept '14, then switch back to their new game.

Level 6

in reply to Group115

Ah well at least Treyarch will have more time to take advantage of the current gen.

Level 13

in reply to Group115

If I were Treyarch I would be worried about someone else taking their spot light away. I almost question if bringing sledgehammer in isn't a way to push either treyarch or infinity ward out. If that is true though treyarch is losing money for atleast another year which surely can't be helpful.

If this is true I must say I absolutely love the irony behind Treyarch having to wait an extra year to release their game after they make PS fans wait an extra month for their DLC. As a fan I only like call of duty for the zombies experience which has been going downhill and I think an extra year should be more than enough time to get any desire to play zombies out of my system, on top of which if the fan base is there it's only a matter of time before someone makes a much better zombie game in the time treyarch is whittling their thumbs in their butts. Delaying things is never a good thing and the only thing it shows me is instability in the company. 

Which company will be first to go Treyarch or Infinityward?

K_B
Level 2

This is very true. Treyarch might have been asking for too much money, so Activision brought in another team that's willing to do the job for less.

Level 6

Studios