ORIGINS Rain Fire Solo EE step...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

ORIGINS Rain Fire Solo EE step...

Any hints to make this easier? I am sure not the only one to find this step frustrating rather then time consuming, it fails 90% of the time.

Level 26
10 REPLIES

Re: ORIGINS Rain Fire Solo EE step...

in reply to boybad3

The easiest way is to wait until the light  appears on the middle robots right foot as it is the closest to where you have to throw the bomb, when inside the robot foot wait until the robot is about to throw you back out before pressing the red button. This saves a bit of time because you don't have to run to one of the pods to exit the robot. After that you gotta have a good aim .

Level 10

in reply to MORV1990

Yip we all aware of this, and it doesn't matter which foot it is.

Now any ideas on how to make this easier?

Level 26

in reply to boybad3

Are you throwing the air strike early? I have found that I can do it from either foot first time, every time by running right up to the fence.

When I go in the robots right foot, when I drop out I turn and run across the pad to where the dig pile is usually and lob it over from there, if going in the robots left foot, I drop out and run right up to the boxes and just lob over them.

I also always wait around a second AFTER the announcer say's "1". You get nearly a whole second before you are purged, so you can press X (Square) right before the purge and you get plenty of time to make the run.

I don't know why people think you have to throw it from near to where you drop. You can more or less run right to the fence and it always works.

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

You can more or less run right to the fence and it always works.

Yup, i never use to have this issue in the past, just a few recent games i had solo i get stuck on this.

Do you know if you can only do it one time in a round? do you have to wait for next round if you fail the first try? Like sometimes he doesn't announce.

Level 26

in reply to boybad3

You can do it as many times a round as you want. I have missed something like 7-8 times in the past before eventually getting it, and all where in the same round. Now I can get it first time every time, but not without having had plenty of practice.

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

Some one mentioned that all generators have to be on, is that true? That may be why i was having hard time, after i press the button he sometimes didn't announce, you know "something something initiated" quote.

Level 26

in reply to boybad3

Yes, all generators need to be on to get the announcement. Just the same as all generators need to be on to get the staff holders to disappear from the giants to allow you access to the buttons.

Level 53

in reply to boybad3

I wasn't to know that you already used that method for the step, but it is the easiest way to complete the step. Of course you can use both foots but the right foot gives you that little extra time to get closer and aim and by letting the countdown go to the end before pressing the button, you get and extra second of time like DeathBringer said. You can only make it easier by practicing getting the timing right and finding the spot where you find it easier to aim from.

Level 10

in reply to boybad3

I have done this step every time by having a friend in the middle robot pushing the button. He tells me and I will throw the air strike marker. I hate the pilot step and killing the zombie pilot shite.

Level 1

Studios