The latest patch was distributed on 11/17/2012.
- Collect information regarding the console freezing/locking.
- Create reproducible steps if possible.
- Document individual cases.
We need you to recount what happened when you encounter a freeze or temporary lock up. This is not a server lock up which is currently defined by the community as matchmaking failing to balance teams or displaying an error within your session.
- What type of PS3 do you have.
- Any user modifications to your console.
- When and where does this happen.
- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code
- Any video of the documented issue.
- If you have opened up a support ticket with Activision Customer Support [Yes or No]
I've attempted the system restore.
I've installed the texture files.
I have an SSD in place of an HDD.
Please understand that this example is not to be entirely accurate or representative of your issues. It's just a mock up.
Anything we consider off topic or unhelpful will be deleted. This is a problem solving thread. Not a complaints platform.
Original Post Date: 11/13/2012
It's a common thing to report a problem. Unfortunately, by itself, it's not always that helpful.
In order for us to help you successfully, we need to know what happened, but also what you are doing.
If you want to be super helpful, you will help us find what we call a "repro." That means if you do the same exact steps the same exact [problem] happens.
In order for any software developer to find and fix issues, we need to reproduce the problem in the development environment.
Not everyone has an issue with the PS3 freezing. I'm a paltry level 10, but have not frozen once.
We need to find exactly and specifically what causes the freeze.
Is it accepting an invite? Are you in parties? Did your host migrate?
Details are everything when trying to identify and fix issues.
yes everything is working fine besides whenever i go to multiplayer it freezes and ive owned like all of the other COD games b4 this one and never had any of these problems.... i have a ps3 slim... multiplayer keeps freezing and i have to reboot my system during multiplayer only problem
1. i go to mp
2. enter matchmaking
3. finds a match
4. im not able to play more than 3 rounds on the 3rd round it freezes and i have to reboot
Non-modded PS3 Slim 320GB (less than a year old)
Multiple custom emblems
How do you get that patch?
just retryed dident get past loading screen for tranzit had to reset and now this is wat i get with b.ops 2
heres a vid of me trying to reload b.ops 2 (sorry about quality guys phone-cam)
heres a pic of now wat i see for b.ops 2 cd on my ps3
thx treyarch realy have killed my ps3 took me about 7 times of reloading cd to get it to show proper
- What type of PS3 do you have.120GB Slim
- Any user modifications to your console. No
- When and where does this happen.
When trying to play tranzit mode in zombies and sometimes in any zombies match
- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code UK:BLES-01717
Each time i crash i never get asked to submit a report
- What type of PS3 do you have : First model, 60 GB HDD
- Any user modifications to your console : No
- When and where does this happen : It happens everywhere. When I start up the game, IF the game have started it can freeze during the welcome movies. If I get past the movies, it freezes when I select Multiplayer in the menu. IF I get past all this, sometimes it freezes when loading 1st, 2nd or 3rd match. If the loading works fine, you can bet your money that it will freeze either during the match or when the matchlobby is trying to load after the match is over... All of these are hard freezes that will require a reboot. I have had to sessions where everything worked fine, and I was able to play several matches and finally turned off the console as usual when done..
- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code : I live in Norway, don't know how to get the BD code.
I have opened a ticket with the support on chat. First I waited for 2 hours to start the chat, and we tried different ways to fix the problem, none of them worked. I was told that my ticket was sent to the superiors of the person I was talking to. And that I would get a email with sollutions within 1 day. This was on the 15th and I have still not got any response. I have also entered new information and asked for an answer, but still.. No response..
Since the game refuses to start a few of the times I try, I suspect that it is the CD itself that is the problem. I am also afraid that I will break my console if I continue to do all these hard reboots..
ive been having problems with black ops 2 freezeing my system
i have a 120gb ps3 slim
i have no mods to console
keeps freezing at start up, load screens and most time dont even load game up at all freezes before loads title screen ive tryed on multiple systems...250gb slim ....freezes to on tranzit and multiplayer loading screens.
since playing black ops 2 ive got a currupt data screen for the first time since ive owned ps3(both systems)
every other game ive got works fine and dont freeze at all
the game since update 1.03 dont play at all freezes before title screen everytime
there are no scratches on disk
i make case with customer support as soon as they open
if you know how fix pease reply me