People Can Now Join Public Matches?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

People Can Now Join Public Matches?

I just went into a lobby where all the guys rage quit and I was alone for a few rounds like till round 5 and out of nowhere people started joining public games the people who joined left after a round and I was once again alone then people started joining again? They were not in my friends list and I know that in the past you could not join a public game once it has started? Has this happened to anyone else?

Level 19
25 REPLIES

Re: People Can Now Join Public Matches?

in reply to DarkMega1

normally i wouldnt ask anyone to provide proof but for this one

PROOF OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

Level 4

in reply to REVENGOLOGY

We are on a break right now but once the game is over you can check my recent games thing on my gamertag LightendKill3r

Level 19

in reply to REVENGOLOGY

Games over you can check the recent games thing bro.

Level 19

in reply to DarkMega1

im on ps3 what system are you on

Level 4

in reply to REVENGOLOGY

Xbox I'll post a video in the morning bro though it seems people stopped joining.

Level 19

in reply to REVENGOLOGY

I've had it happen to me, one time I was thrown into a public game that was already at round 8, it's not common but it happens, it's most likely a glitch in their matchmaking servers, but when it does happen people will join and leave until the game is over. Also once the first person leaves it won't count on the boards even if you have four people rejoin

Level 15

in reply to REVENGOLOGY

PROOF OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

You want proof? Use the search function... it's why it's there.

http://community.activision.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/forums/zombies/search.jsp...

This has been happening for months now. There has also been numerous posts about it on here, and I have personally witnessed it happening in-game myself.

@Darkmega - This is not something new. People have reported this happening as far back as Tranzit, and during the Die Rise days. Not sure why it happens, but I had someone join a match we were playing on Die Rise on round 15!

I think it is just an error with the lobby hosting, and is not actually supposed to happen.

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

This can be done deliberately, a glitch to allow custom games to work In public lobbies. This may also happen under different criteria, I don't know. But I used to do it. If you don't have 4 people in the game then others can join, even after the start of the game. its also possible to create the glitched lobby and then leave, putting 4 people who are unaware into it. Please understand I do not do this anymore, it was just for fun, before I knew the effect it had on the game/ gaming community

Level 15

in reply to DarkMega1

Ok well that is interesting. Was there a patch in the past 24 hrs?

Ok so I am taking your word, when the new group of players joined did you notice how many points they were given to start with?

Level 8

Studios