Posting Same Thread in Different Sections

Call of Duty Black Ops II Website Feedback / Suggestions

Posting Same Thread in Different Sections

Is posting the same thread in the Xbox 360 and PS3 section allowed?

There are some topics that I would like to get the two different player bases' opinions on.

I am guessing it is allowed, since both sections are not strictly about only their own consoles topics...they each allow discussion of general multiplayer topics.

I just want to make sure it's allowed for certain.

Level 4
5 REPLIES

Re: Posting Same Thread in Different Sections

in reply to RemoteViewer187

Posting duplicate threads across more than one sub-forum is considered cross-posting and is forbidden. You can create one thread in the General Discussion sub-forum since your topic covers multiple systems.

TopFighter | Community Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts

in reply to TopFighter

Let me get this straight: PS3 and Xbox 360 sections are ONLY for topics that pertain specifically to those systems?

If that is true (as you identified General Discussion as the proper section for non-system specific topics), then the vast majority of topics in PS3 and Xbox 360 sections need to be moved ASAP.

Level 4

The console specific sub-forums are for those who want to discuss the game with other players on the same system. Topics do not necessarily have to relate directly to the console. 

I was suggesting you post in General Discussion because you were wanting to create duplicate threads in more than one sub-forum, which is a no-no. You are allowed to post in one of the console sub-forums as long you don't post the same topic across multiple sub-forums.

in reply to TopFighter

What if someone owns and plays BO2 on both consoles? Can he or she discuss the same topic on both sections?

Level 4

No. That is cross-posting. You need to choose one of the console sub-forums or post in General Discussion.

Studios