Prestige…a brief history of what it meant to be max Prestiged

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Highlighted

Re: Prestige…a brief history of what it meant to be max Prestiged

in reply to BlackhawkbillOO7

Prestige now a days is mostly only for the more hardcore and dedicated COD players. Prestige never had anything to do with skill, respect, honor, esteem, recognition, prominence, distinction or importance, except maybe COD4, when COD really had the most dedicated players.

In fact I have noticed, especially in the last two games (BO I, MW3) and even more in this year’s title BO II, that if you are a top prestige, people tend to hate, claim that you have “no life”  or falsely accuse you of being a hacker, glitcher or cheater. Obviously with the PM glitch it would make sense that people are feeling this way more in BO II, but the rhyme and reason is still the same, they are jealous and create excuses on why they are not at top prestige.

Only reason I ever prestiged was to get more Create-a-Class slots. My friend and I play on the same account, so this way we both get 5 loadouts each. I am a much better player then he, but neither of us cares about stats. We rank up, complete challenges and try to have fun, which has become increasingly difficult with each "new" yearly incarnation of COD. I could care less what some prepubescent punk or even an older punk, has to say about my stats or rank. The Mute button is everyone’s friend.

Level 4

I hit 10th 55 on cod4, safe to say I was the man amongst my online buddies. Seemed like an awesome accomplishment then, now top prestige is too easy and undervalued!

Level 9

This is the first COD game I played.  MW3 came with my PS3, but I bought it for the blue ray and net flix capabilities. I have no experience with the old prestige system.

The only reason I want to be a MP is so I can have everthing unlocked.  I was going to stop at at 5, after I got all the custom classes, but I want to have everything unlocked so I can grind out the gun challenges.  I play with a couple of really good prestige masters and a couple OK ones.  I think by the time you put in 6-10 days into a video game you are pretty solid at it.  They either get called hackers or glitchers, or people just leave our lobby.  These guys just like to play COD, they are pretty good, not the best, but pretty good.

Level 3

What ruined the prestiging system is that for the past two games you have been have to keep things permanently unlocked.  Almost everyone picked the best weapons and perks, so they always had their best gun.  This had ruined the system because the whole point to prestiging was sacrificing everything to reach max prestige.  Back in the other games you didn't get a create a class every prestige you got one every couple of prestiges.  I didn't play COD4 online, because I didn't have my PS3 online when it came out, but I believe you got nothing.

Going through the grind of not having your favorite perks and weapons and having to try out everything is why max prestige players got respect.  Now there are these garbage kids that glitch to master prestige and get owned.  Was playing last night and there was this little kid who did the prestige glitch and got reset.  Easy to tell because he was a level 11 no prestige with 5 days played.  He couldn't even maintain a .5 kdr, but he was playing on a 4+ kdr on a boosted account that he copied.

Reaching max prestige just requires time, but it also takes skill when it comes down to time played.  I have multiple friends who got to master prestige in 5 days.  The players that take 10 days to reach master prestige are just not good.  They have around a 1 kdr and a terrible spm and think someone cheated because they got there faster.  I have seen multiple players in the last couple of days with 20+ days played and one of them had a .9 kdr how can you be so bad.  This is why people say it only takes time.

From a cod vet with around 140 days in multiplayer, not including campaign and zombies.

Level 8

in reply to ae_gs

I have seen multiple players in the last couple of days with 20+ days played and one of them had a .9 kdr how can you be so bad.

im level 45 prestige 9. its only matter of short time ill be pm. my kd is .66. how can i be so bad? man, its easy! much easier than be good!

Level 1

Forgive me if I'm off point or off topic I briefly scanned your discussion, but my opinion is max prestige meant nothing after call of duty 4: modern warfare (2004) it's now 2013 it's been 9 years and no change to the core gameplay of course the vast majority are beast even if your level 33 and not even prestige 1 odds on you are still one of the best cod players in the lobby. Prestige means nothing just keeps gameplay fresh for a while (something to achieve)

Level 1

in reply to DairyleaDunker

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was released in November 2007. Not quite sure where 2004 came from. You were mistaken when you stated that Prestige meant nothing. When indeed, there was a time when Prestige did mean something. In MW I remember many a time when my buddies and I would enter a lobby (at least 4 of us had Gold Crosses) and the other people would just back out intimidated. Now, I understand that this was Console Online Multi-player in it's infancy and the overall community was made up of a bunch of Noobs (like myself at the time). But, at the same time those that actually did try to Prestige at the time and quit after the first one understood the pain and could almost appreciate the fact that someone actually did it 10 times. Whereas, today it's not all that difficult and the motivations are a lot different. 

Level 12

Alot easier to hack MW1 than it is Blops2, just saying

Level 10

Prestige used to mean something when it was actually difficult(ish) to hit max prestige. Now it's filled with rewards and permanent unlocks. Hitting 2nd prestige is no different now than hitting lvl 2 from lvl 1.

Level 34

in reply to avengedyesterda

Agreed. It's baby mode to prestige now.

Level 59

Studios