Prestige…a brief history of what it meant to be max Prestiged

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Prestige…a brief history of what it meant to be max Prestiged

in reply to Izjar11

(Zombie Moan) Back from the dead!!!!  I don't really want to hijack this thread though.  hhahahaha

Level 31

in reply to BanHaMMer2

I thought he was dead too!

Level 75

in reply to BlackhawkbillOO7

Im a gammer who only prestiged in black ops 1, once only, because the grind was brutal to get all of my pro perks back especially in black ops 1 and mw3 to get my shotguns back up to gold. Mw2 loved the game to death but I was not going to prestige for an extra cac. For black ops 2, it made it more friendly to prestige knowing that there really was a penalty for prestiging. I like the new system of going all the way to prestige master since the grind is not so brutal. The only mark I see as an "experienced" gammer is getting diamond for obscure and hard to get guns/launchers.

Level 6
Highlighted

Prestige means nothing...?!

Sure - that´s why it becomes harder to find a lobby while playing as a team made of legit PM´s...?!

I´ve just made my PM yesterday (after 8 days and 17 hours) - and I can tell you that now it´s becoming even more difficult to get a match started or finished without people leaving during the lobby or even during the match...

We´ve made a 87 to 7 victory in DOM last night - two of us swept away the whole enemy-team twice...

We won a match 4 against 8 (strange lobby making ;o)) on Turbine also - because we do have

a) some experience

b) some skill (not camping/sniping)

Everyone in my Clan does more than 300 SPM in DOM (mine is actually 403 SPM) - and no one of us ever boosted, glitched or cheated.

But it is also true that PM does not mean "you are good"! But it might be the fact you are...

Level 9

Took me about 15 days played to finally hit max in MW. Only took me 5 days in bo2. Granted, I'm a little better, but still, the term "master prestige" has just been wittled down to nothing more than a sign of how much you play, not how well you play

Level 1

BlackhawkbillOO7 wrote:

Please don't get it all twisted...I completely understand it's a video game and not a real life accomplishment...LOL!!!

How many remember what it was like when you reached that final Prestige and it meant something?

Interesting post, but you sort of knock your own explanation down here. Prestige is nothing more than a continuation of game play it always simply meant how long one has played.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Studios