Probation Experiment

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Probation Experiment

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200619584?start=0&tstart=0

In the above thread that was started yesterday, what causes probation was brought up and I had offered to experiment to see if I can help the community figure out the probation guidelines.

Constants: Played Hardcore Kill Confirmed and before quiting each game, I made sure to choose my class first.

First Experiment: I quit 3 games in a row and received probation for 5 minutes.

Second Experiment: I quit 3 games in a row, 9 minutes apart, to come to 18 minutes and still received my probation.

Third Experiment: I quit 3 games in a row, 14 minutes apart coming to 28 minutes, DID NOT receive probation.

Theory: If you quit 3 games within 20 minutes, you will receive probation.

Also, I was able to play throughout last night without probation having any effect on me including after getting kicked for accidently teamkilling 3 teammates because they ran in front of me when I was laying down gunfire with an LMG w/ FMJ through a wall.

I could have experimented more, but that took 2 hours and quite frankly, wanted to play with my clan.

If you want to add to this, please do. This thread is NOT about opinions of probation, but what causes it.

Level 40
9 REPLIES

Re: Probation Experiment

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

You get probation for being kicked when your not the host even when not choosing a class

Level 1

in reply to homersexual

How many times did it happen to you before you got probation? What does not being the host have to do with this?

Level 40
Highlighted

As in when you do not start a match if your not host your kicked for inactivity

Level 1

in reply to homersexual

So you can get put on probation for starting 3 matches and waiting to get kicked because you didn't choose a class?

Level 40

in reply to homersexual

maybe you should stop joining games and just sit there?

Activision Ambassador

good info bro.

i know i dont fit what you described so im clear whahahah.

Level 27

Good information, brave guy experimenting with the probabtion.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Thank you, good info

Level 31

I've confirmed that you will not get probation if you sign out of matches before you enter them (during the match load up screen with the progress bar at the bottom). I do not like to join games that are already started, I've done that probably a half dozen times in a 10 minute span with no issues. I've also confirmed that since the new patch you no longer receive a loss for doing this. All that being said do I recommend doing this? No, you'll spend a lot of time looking for a pregame lobby and you'll drive the people on your PSN friend list nuts by constantly spamming the "sign in / sign out" message to their screens.

You're better off to join the damn game late (much as I hate to say it), but if it's an objective based game that's already hopelessly lost forget the objective and go for kills. You can really screw with teams that are stomping all over your team that way - the reason you're in the lobby is because the guys on the team you're joining are lemmings, so be tactful and creative to try to beat down on the opposing team for the remainder of the match. You can play the objective and go for the win next match when you're there to start the match.

Level 10

Studios