Probation for leaving games after they've finished? Really?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Probation for leaving games after they've finished? Really?

This is just silly, but I just got a probation warning because I backed out of handful of games after they've finished.  I'm playing Hardcore Domination and have gotten into a bunch of games that have started already and I'm not extremely happy with the teams I'm being put on so far. So, I just play, do what I can in the time I have, and then leave when the final score pops up because that's the end of the game.  I dont stick around for the final kill cam or to collect my XP points because  dont need them since I'm already a PM and would rather try and use that time to find a new lobby.

And then I get a probation warning for backing out of public games early or before they're completed.  Really?  It looked like the game was done to me because there was nothing more I could do except stick around for the final kill cam and for reasons above is why I usually dont stick around for those.  So, unless the game officially ends when we get back into the lobby, then this is just silly. And then funny thing is, I've been doing this a lot before this for a number of reasons: dont want to be put on the a team with the same players who dont play objectives, get put on a team where they're boosting for kills/being a dier for someone else boosting, or whatever and this has never happened before.  I play to the end, I see that final score pop up, and I'm out.  So, is this something new?  Has it ever happened to anyone else?

Level 7
20 REPLIES

Re: Probation for leaving games after they've finished? Really?

in reply to philla_killa

Ok, this is getting stupid.  This just happened:

After my probation period ended I do a match search and get thrown into a loading screen for Nuketown. The screen is taking a while to load and then I get a "server has disconnected" error message and I'm put back into the match lobby with everyone else. I decide to back out, but when I get to the 'leave lobby' pop-up option, it freezes on me a for about 10 seconds.  When I get out, I do another match search and I see that there is search going on (it's just the screen), so I try to back out again and I get the same freezing at the 'leave lobby' pop-up.  So, I decide to just to just restart my system.  And when I get back on to BO2, I'm hit with another probation warning for leaving games early.

What game, BO 2?  Why am I getting probation for getting kicked from a game I didnt even load into because of a server disconnection.  Silly, silly BO 2.

Level 7

in reply to philla_killa

Is anyone else getting this problem? I'm getting put on probation because every time I try searching for a game, it doesn't always search. I'm barely playing any games and I'm getting hit with constant probations.  I get into a game, play though it, stay to the very end and get bak into the game lobby. Oh look, Nuketown...I dont feel like playing nuketown, let me back out of the lobby. I back out, do a search, nothing is happening (no search numbers going on), let me back out and try agan, I get the frozen pop-up, so I quit the game and come back on. And when I do a search, Im hit with a probation for leaving early?

What game am I leaving early?  Seriously, this is getting to be really annoying.  Is there something going on with the game? Anyone know who I can complain to if the continues? Ive been hit with at least 6 or 7 probations and have played a total of 3 games, 1 full and 2 already in progress and I didn't back out of any of them. So, this is a bit weird to me.  And the game is working fine for me, good connection, no extreme lag, everything is normal...

Level 7

in reply to philla_killa

Nope, only you guys who quit which is what the probation system was made for.

philla_killa wrote:

Is anyone else getting this problem?

Level 19

in reply to philla_killa

i've been having issues finding lobbies. it takes a while. i am also getting occasional frozen screens when backing out of a lobby when it says no matches are found. i just wait as it's only about a 10sec delay or so. annoying, yes.

i used to get frequent probation warnings and the occasional probation. i now have a new modem and haven't had so much as a warning.

...knock on wood.

Level 14

in reply to philla_killa

I had some pretty serious connectivity issues last week, but think it may have been related to my cable modem.  Had to call my provider to push out a reset signal since manally power-cycling it didn't seem to help.  Despite getting dropped from a handful of games in a row I still managed to avoid probation.

Level 18

in reply to philla_killa

Similar situation here I'm playing hardcore domination and I start to lag a little and get kicked off and back into the lobby where I receive a notice saying server disconnected you been kicked off server then I try to find a match and get a probation warning saying completely finish games to avoid being put on probation. Well I am finishing my games completely while I'm playing in the middle of the game they kick me off and say I left but I didn't like seriously this is very annoying i cant even play a game without it doing it..

Technical support is no help I've already complain to them about it.. soo why should i keep investing my money into this game, its been going on for a week   they need to invest into a better technical support team

Level 1

in reply to philla_killa

you realize your entire first post is something you yourself can fix by staying in the game for a grand total of 5 extra seconds right

Level 16

in reply to amathyx

I am aware of that and I have been staying in games since I got the first probation warning.  The thing I was questioning is why am I getting put on probation for leaving a game after it's done? It just seems really silly.  I used to back out of games a lot mid game before and was never given a probation...and now this?  Of course, back when I was RQing a lot, it was in core games and this is all happening in HC. So, I dont know if that has anything to do with it...?

Level 7

in reply to philla_killa

philla_killa wrote:

The thing I was questioning is why am I getting put on probation for leaving a game after it's done? It just seems really silly.

No you

re not. You're leaving before the game is done. The game is finished when you get back to the lobby. It's not that hard to figure out. So you are the one being silly.

Level 19

Studios