Request for Treyarch to make a SplitScreen Only Playlist.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Highlighted

Request for Treyarch to make a SplitScreen Only Playlist.

For all those that desire to see this Playlist come to fruition please post here.

This playlist will be the only place where SSing will be an option. They will have all the game modes a 6vs6 list will have.

Yet they will not have to go against parties that do not play as SS. Everyone will have the same disadvantange of having a smaller view of the game.

This will give the more "casuals" gamers a more balanced experience.

Please be constructive. Feel free to post ideas...No flaming please!

Also please stay on topic.

Activision Ambassador
43 REPLIES

Re: Request for Treyarch to make a SplitScreen Only Playlist.

in reply to esmorgue

Good idea, but what about partying up? Say i was over at my friends house and we got on to play, and one of our other friends was on too.  He then can't play with us because we are split screen. (Not sure if i understood what you meant, assuming you're saying that the SSers can only play on the SS playlist correct me if i misunderstood)

Level 3

in reply to LP_UND34D_47

Yes that would be the case. Far to many SSners are not either accustomed to the game in regular lists and can cause havoc for the team they are on. Causing the team they are on, especially in TDM, to have next to a impossible chance of winning.  Or either they aren't as serious about winning and just want to goof off, trap teammates in corners, boost etc.etc.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

Or, why even have Multiplayer Split Screening? No point for the guest to rank up a non savable profile copy.
One thing is playing in a Private Party with friends, family, etc. The other is Online with other players. They just take up room.

Level 8

in reply to denacioust

I personally wouldn't mind if they took it out. Yet I know some like playing with their pals that are over to visit. If they made it where the "Guest" stats reflected on the pals profile. You would see a lot less of them or the guest actually doing better. I just want them to have their list and, for those that do not like it to be separated.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

Yes, yes and yes!!!  I believe SSners are the cause of all this lag shyte!!   Give them their own lobby where they can cluster fuck themselves to death.  It annoys me when I get one on my team b/c I know that one guy has played the game and acquired skills over time, the other is just his friend who has never played and will absolutely positively go negative and bring the team down.  Every once in a while you will get a good team of SSners but that is also when there is a blue moon in the sky...

Please 3Arch listen to this idea.  SSners are the bane of my existence when playing online multi-player.  If they want to play with their buddy, let them do it privately or in their own lobby completely.  

Level 31

in reply to wridtrvlr

I too believe they induce some form of lag that hinders the host.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

Yes, Yes and Yes, esmorgue,

As imo most of the connection problems are due to split screeners. I don't think the ps3 and or most isp's can cope with 2 sets of info going through the same connection, the game lags enough (sometimes) just on single screen and you can hear the ps3 working its socks off. I believe it also has to do with the ps3 not having a dual core processor.

Level 3

in reply to jsdorset

I too believe the processor is strained by having to deal with to separate actions needing to be handled.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

No thanks.

1. Because not just "casual" players use spiltscreen

2. Splitscreeners still use two profiles sometimes [not sure if this is possible on the PS3 or not]

3. When me and buddies play together in person, we like to only need two TVs and Xboxes, besides everyone bringing their own.

Level 11

Studios