Request for Treyarch to make a SplitScreen Only Playlist.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Request for Treyarch to make a SplitScreen Only Playlist.

in reply to esmorgue

I've posted this somewhere else before and someone has surely mentioned it here, change the wording of your thread idea and you have the best solution in my opinion.

Instead of "Split Screeners only" playlists, have "only place for Split Screeners". Basically there would be 2 sets of playlists (as you proposed) but instead of one set being SS, and the other set being non-SS, have one set being "SS allowed" and the other (default) set not allowing SS.

Most people would play in the standard set and play the normal (and varied way), the SS lobbies would allow all the things you spoke of (such as RPG fests and players going 0-25 regularly, because they're 9 years old and have never touched a PS3 controller before - although in reality, the "second screeners" who usually get destroyed will have a better chance of some kills in this setting).

The scenario would also allow players to "party up" with some friends SS and some not. Perhaps (if people are worried some good players or clans will go there to maul the opposition for some semi-legal boosting) the requirement for the lobby could be that each lobby entry must have SS, (therefore parties including SS or just a pair of SS).

Level 34

in reply to RobbieRocket

I WELCOME ANY ADDED IDEAS TO THIS TOPIC.

robbierocket wrote:

I've posted this somewhere else before and someone has surely mentioned it here, change the wording of your thread idea and you have the best solution in my opinion.

Instead of "Split Screeners only" playlists, have "only place for Split Screeners". Basically there would be 2 sets of playlists (as you proposed) but instead of one set being SS, and the other set being non-SS, have one set being "SS allowed" and the other (default) set not allowing SS.

Most people would play in the standard set and play the normal (and varied way), the SS lobbies would allow all the things you spoke of (such as RPG fests and players going 0-25 regularly, because they're 9 years old and have never touched a PS3 controller before - although in reality, the "second screeners" who usually get destroyed will have a better chance of some kills in this setting).

The scenario would also allow players to "party up" with some friends SS and some not. Perhaps (if people are worried some good players or clans will go there to maul the opposition for some semi-legal boosting) the requirement for the lobby could be that each lobby entry must have SS, (therefore parties including SS or just a pair of SS).

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to esmorgue

Totaly agree on this. It's so annoying if an SS kills u just after u killed his partner. They get a good overview of who is where cause they have 2 sets of eyes to look around.

I've read the argument of 'what is there's a solo friend online'. In my eyes to bad for u, go play solo then. Just put al those SSers together in a special lobby

Level 22

in reply to Aecetym

Doh, you didn't even read the previous post.

Level 34

in reply to Aecetym

This is one of the reasons I don't like playing HC, SnD anymore.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

It think a duel between two sets of splitscreeners would be nice. I know back in the day (before online play) me and my friends would all gather on a small ass TV and battle. It got boring after a while because we all new each others play styles

Making it so that some splitscreeners can experience a little online action wouldn't be so bad. But by all means keep them away from the more competitive players who actually want to enjoy an even and fair bout

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Great idea. Have a Split-Screener Camp - an online game option that bags together a whole fun bunch of Split-Screener only playlists, perhaps also a medley of all of them together, where they can play regular TDM 3 pairs vs 3 pairs, a pair v pair 4 man-game, and maybe something new and fun (like the reinforcements game idea posted on here a few weeks back, only for split screeners).

This would keep the kids happy.

Level 34

in reply to RobbieRocket

Didn't the OP state a 6v6 playlist above? With all game modes available is the best option. The developers could gauge the most played as they do now, and do away with the least popular.

Level 59

in reply to esmorgue

An absolute necessity

Level 59

in reply to esmorgue

I have to bring this back. I played a game of Dom. 3 pairs totalled for over 164 deaths. That is ridiculous and totally uneeded. How can somebody on their team deserve to be punished like that?

Level 59

Studios