Responsibility and Accountability are what’s missing

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Responsibility and Accountability are what’s missing

I’m not sure what caused the shift in gamer style but the change is definitely for the worse. I can’t blame it solely on BO2 but I believe that it has definitely contributed to the “New” gamer style of play. This “New” style is one of selfishness and greed. There is no longer a need to accept responsibility for how you play or have any accountability for your own actions. I’ve been playing COD online since Modern Warfare and to see the playing styles and attitudes change over the years was something of the norm. But for some reason BO2 has brought out the absolute worst in a lot of people.

I was playing HC KC yesterday and during the entire match this teenage boy was whining the whole time. At one point I seriously thought he was going to cry because he kept dying. Instead of adjusting or changing to a better setup he kept going on trying to solicit sympathy. He spent the whole match blaming the other team for cheating, glitching, lagging, etc…None of his deaths were his fault. On another match playing HC KC I ran into the “Tag Thieves”. These are the guys who can’t kill anyone so they steal your tags so they can get their Scorestreaks. Then you have the guy’s who will shoot their own teammate so they can steal their Care Package. Oh and let’s not forget about the guy who tries to rage at you because he got killed running in front of your weapon while you were putting rounds down range.

What happened to playing towards the objective? What happened to helping your team win the match? I can’t believe how selfish and inconsiderate the new gamers have become. Don’t get me wrong, I get irritated when I get killed and it seemed a little BS but I don’t scream into the mic like a little baby. I don’t expect to win every match but when I do lose I want to adjust and figure out how to correct in order to win the next one.

I am curious to know if any others out there notice this trend as well.

Level 12
29 REPLIES

Re: Responsibility and Accountability are what’s missing

in reply to BlackhawkbillOO7

Yes I have noticed this a lot as well. Not just from the kids, but adults also. Lately there is always an excuse or a reason why they got killed. It's never because they were just simply outplayed. 9 out of 10 times when listening to them in the death voice feed ( or whatever it's called) they always blame lag, cheating, camping, or a host of other reasons.

Level 4
Highlighted

100% correct!  I too agree with you, and virtually cannot enjoy HC anymore because of these types of players listed above.  Sadly, i have to resort to playing core

good post!

my gamertag is my username...if you want, you can look me up

Level 19

in reply to Im_A_Drag85

Even though I run into the occasional idiot that runs in front of my weapon playing Hardcore I prefer Hardcore over Core. My buddies and I are working on the Operations Master Challenges (Multi-Team) and my god... When you are on the bad side of the connection it's rough...LOL!!!

Level 12

its quite simple really. its all about "me me me" with kids these days. they don't get their way, or something doesn't go their way, they bitch and moan about it. thats why i mute all except party anymore or just turn down the mic on my headset because i can't stand to listen to it.

a friend gave a great nickname to COD.....

he calls it the Childrens Online Daycare, and it's so true

Level 2

in reply to JDizzleNO2

True, and every one of these idiot selfish self obsessed little tweenies wants to be the next big you tube star......

Level 67

in reply to gambit1969

In their minds they are already " big " and most importanly " famous " lol

Level 23

in reply to ladylucina1

Is that like "paris hilton" famous.........

Level 67

in reply to JDizzleNO2

The first thing I do in a lobby is mass mute everyone and if I fall into an ongoing match, I quickly mute everyone on my team. I can't stand listening to those whiny squeaky little voices while they hum, cough, sneeze, phart or make stupid little noises. Then there's those that feel the need to share their most awesome choice of music by playing it in the background. What's so hard about muting your mic till you need to say something, most of them have a button to push for on/off on the headset!

Mute 'em & kill 'em all I say!! 

Level 22

in reply to Alky6

If I'm by myself I will usually "Mute-All" but when I'm with my clan I leave them un-muted because I get a kick out of the death chatter.

Level 12

Studios