Responsibility and Accountability are what’s missing

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Highlighted

Re: Responsibility and Accountability are what’s missing

in reply to BlackhawkbillOO7

I am curious to know if any others out there notice this trend as well.

I hear you and all of these things are unfortunately part of this game. Specially when running solo.

Good post

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Sadly, this extends beyond gaming.

We truely are a dying breed.  A player that is considerate to team mates and respectful to his opponents.  How you conduct yourself in a game speaks volumes about what kind of person you are/will be imo.

Level 29

in reply to Highwayman0226

I make it point especially when I'm with my clan to say "Good Luck" to the other team. I have a standing order with my guys that we will not go into lobbies talking trash. We will let our game play speak for us. At the same time though we aren't going to let some ***holes talk trash to us without providing some sort of feedback. LOL!!! Most of us are 30-something's that are prior service so we are able to maintain a certain level of discipline. If my 17 year old son was playing BO2 and acting like a whiney baby he would lose all his gaming privileges...LOL!!!

Level 12

I can appreciate that, especially raising your son to be a decent human being (I got two myself).  It just blows my mind how FREQUENTLY you run into these people.  It seems they are the majority.

Level 29

in reply to Highwayman0226

Highwayman0226 wrote:

Sadly, this extends beyond gaming.

This is so true. It's the world we are living in now where they teach kids, during competitions, that everyone is a winner without teaching them to lose. Kids are growing up this way and when they get put into a game where they lose, they have absolutely no clue what to do other than rage because they were never taught how to handle it.

Level 40

Fortunately, I play Core.  So I'm not having to deal with the troubles of friendly fire but the same immature behaviors exists in Core just the same.  Often its the younger crowd that's bringing the poor sportsmanship but there are adults out there as well that really should be ashamed of themselves.  Not that we don't all have moments of raging but if you're not going to mute your own mic then you really need to be able to control what you say.  As to the whiners, there are legitimate moments in the game where yes everyone gets ripped off but nobody on your team needs to listen to you complain about it.  I dare say that it's gotten to the point that people seem to think that if they aren't complaining about something in the game then they just aren't cool enough.  I use my mute option rather liberally because who wants to listen to some kid talk about what guns/perks/tacticals/lethals/attachments that he hates before, during, and after the game.  I'm not his therapist and I sure didn't go online to try and solve all of the issues that makes him blame everything but his own skill level for every death that he takes.  Fortunately, not everyone that I come across behaves this way but there are enough of them to make things annoying.

PS: This is not American Idol and no you can't sing.  Don't bother asking and please mute your mic if you feel compelled to try.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

i agree with you, and id take it a step further and say it has gotten to the poin that nobody can even handle getting killed anymore.. you see this alot in clans and parties.. i think that they feel that if they party up, no one is gonna be able to kill them, and if you do, your usings ome noob/cheap tactic to do it

Level 15

in reply to phxs72

I enjoy the guy who deflects. The guy who can't believe he's playing this bad when he just went 1000 and 2 with 50 swarms...LOL!!! Yet he's 5 and 23 at the moment. Don't get me wrong there are times that the connection can just ruin your match but come on... I have actually talked to some of my buddies about complaining during a match. I basically told them that their negativity is not conducive to victory thus they needed to shut the hell up...LOL!!!

Level 12

the only legit excuse is lag, but even then you shouldnt voice it because the other guy doesnt see your lag and thinks he killed you, and you didnt even shoot, thus making you seem like an idiot. I shoot guys 10 times and die, yet didnt shoot in his cam, so complaining just makes you look dumb even if it is true, therefore i keep my mouth shut (exept the occassional SnD game, for osme reason that pisses me off more, maybe because you have 1 life)

Level 5

in reply to CrimsonTideMonk

i get sick of people calling others campers that move across a map strategically. I got called a camper one time after i killed this dude all over the map but i was smart, using the uav, vsat or cough cough occasional head glitch and envrionment to my advantage...I may be some things but a camper is tha last thing that I am ( of course in obj games i protect a lot and get called a camper for killing bomb planters/ flag cappers, whcih i have never understood. What am i supposed to run around, let you take the obj and not defend it?)

Level 5

Studios