Shotgun Emblem = "Pavlov's Dog" easter egg

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Shotgun Emblem = "Pavlov's Dog" easter egg

The Shotgun Emblem is the biggest easter egg Treyarch ever made!

• It easily dominates the forum topics all over the internet.
  • As a motive, it's probably the number 1 "cause" for playing time
  • People are willing to dump a gamertag to get it.
  • Nobody really knows exactly how they got it

Congratulations....you are Pavlov's Dog

Black Ops 2 is about to wrap up but don't worry....I'm sure they are working on a new bowl filled with some new treats.

About an hour ago I played a game of Survival Town.....well, not really a game. We had a shotgun dude in the game that went down at the box on round 4 and quit. I usually just ignore twits like that but I sent the guy a text LOL'ing at him....and his reply was beyond bizarre....

"I'm not taking 10 downs playing with you idiots"

The funny part is he was the only one that went down! But....we were idiots.

The dude had point whored his way to 4700 points and as soon as one of the skulls opened the door....he raced up to the box. Never mind Jug, never mind how easy they are to kill on round 4, never mind that all three of them wouldn't be able to make the box move or that if it did it would be a 20 second sprint away....off to hump the box on round 4 with two noobish skull players.

I watched it all from the street....it was funny watching all three of them race for the box like someone dropped a "fitty" in a room full of addicts.

LOL....he probably ran straight to a solo game to glitch repair his damaged K/D!

Level 18
32 REPLIES

Re: Shotgun Emblem = "Pavlov's Dog" easter egg

in reply to USarmyvet

I guarantee it was a child as well...  I have taken tons of downs, downs on round 1 even, and never quit out of a public game.  I like to see how things play out, how the other team mates handle the situation with one less zombie slayer in the mix.  It keeps things fresh and exciting. 

I know most people "chase the dragon" to say the least, but it's not that important to me. If I go down, so be it, if I bleed out and loose all my weapons, so be it.  It's my fault for letting the z's get me in the first place. 

This is all from a shotgun ranked player btw. 

Level 31

in reply to wridtrvlr

wridtrvlr wrote:

I guarantee it was a child

His reply was a voice message.....adult.

Level 18

in reply to USarmyvet

Sad but probably true.  Ever since they started this ranking system BS, it has ruined many of games for me b/c people care about their freaking rank rather then getting far. 

For me, it has always ALWAYS been about high round games.  Didn't matter if I took 50 downs to get there, if it's anywhere in the 50's I was happy. 

Level 31

in reply to wridtrvlr

wridtrvlr wrote:

For me, it has always ALWAYS been about high round games.  Didn't matter if I took 50 downs to get there, if it's anywhere in the 50's I was happy. 

I've always been at or near the top of my friends list on the leaderboards. That meant playing with people to rounds well past their abilities. It's fun but can lead to a chaotic ending and lots of downs as you revive, down, rebuild and generally try and recover.

If I were worried about the downs.....I'd never played with many of my friends.

Seems the rank emblems really ruined a lot of things...Playability being the biggest.

Level 18

in reply to USarmyvet

I know exactly how I got mine, by playing well! Does that make Pavlov's dog my b*itch?

Level 13

in reply to Mr_Spaceman

Mr_Spaceman wrote:

I know exactly how I got mine, by playing well! Does that make Pavlov's dog my b*itch?

No...it could mean you are good. Just like a skull/knife doesn't mean bad.

There are always exceptions to the rule....but then again, I've never heard a shotgun ranked player admit they boosted.

I'm better than my K/D....for lots of reasons like falling asleep, my K/D isn't high enough to get me the emblem. Should I fix that error by boosting? If I gave a crap I might use that justification. A lot of people are better now then they were last Nov....should they boost to fix the record?

That's the point....hundreds of thousands of people are chasing the stat/boost/emblem easter egg....that is classic behavior modification a la Pavlov's Dog.

Level 18

in reply to USarmyvet

Agreed. I wasn't chasing the emblem, I knew I was close because I had the knife for ages so I just upped my game a bit and they eventually came. I'd say the majority of players are always chasing for a better rank, hell the maps are totally shite on this game! Players need some motivation to play.

By the way I have friends with the knife that can go toe to toe with any shotgunner so in no way am I saying I am better that you or anyone else Smiley Happy

Level 13

in reply to Mr_Spaceman

Mr_Spaceman wrote:

By the way I have friends with the knife that can go toe to toe with any shotgunner so in no way am I saying I am better that you or anyone else

That's pretty common...especially because of the number of them that are fake ranked.

I also think as a percentage, the shotgun rank has more glitchers and boosters meaning your odds for a good game with a random is with knife players.

Level 18

in reply to USarmyvet

I run my game mostly in public lobbies, probably like 80% of my overall kills. But as everyone knows its inevitable that someone usually backs out or 'disconnects' in a pub lobby.

So around about MotD time i went back trying to better my solo runs as i wanted to set a high round that would actually save to my LB, and im not gonna lie i backed out of a few games without any downs if i was tired, bored or going out and didnt want to leave the box on and i ended up with the shotties after a measly 34 buried solo run. But i never back out of a game in a public unless i catch someone glitching or someone already backs out and the team agrees to end it, or i get thrown into a game from the off without getting a chance to chat to the team. So if this makes me a booster on solo then burn me at the stake!

My definition of a booster would be a player that goes in with a game plan on solo to get so many kills/rounds, ends the game, repeats. Or a player who backs out pub games cause they went down to protect their k/d. If i'm wrong someone please tell me.

Level 13

Studios