There have been a few threads over the years about HC vs Core and which is easier. My philosophy is neither is easier/harder: Adjust and Adapt, and use the tools (or the lack of) to play differently to your advantage. This inspired the start of the Hardcore challenge which can be found here:
Now it is time to show your epic CORE moments!
Post a video of your achievements on getting higher kill streaks in Core (no time limit to the challenge)
- must adhere to forum guidelines (e.g. you cannot simply post a video. It has to accompany some valid topic of discussion ... like the strategies that you employ, tips and tricks, etc...)... this can be very helpful to users
- Any game mode, but: You have to make attempts to play the objective. You cannot JUST be that slayer who totally (100%) ignores the objectives, or sits back taking people out while trying to get the objectives
- Any Map (of course)
- Any of the kill streaks post VSAT (VSAT itself does not count but it is an obvious good streak to use on your way)
- Any weapon, any attachments, any perk combinations
- Please do not post anything irrelevant (e.g. you only get a VSAT lol)
- Please DO NOT BASH anyone's playstyle (unless they 100% useless camp*), or attachments used (yes, the TF is allowed in this challenge)
Bonus kudos if:
- Nothing less than the VSAT is your 1st streak
- You get a swarm
- You cycle your streaks (if not in part, in whole)
The goal of the challenge (again) is to demonstrate the tactics you use to beast the Core Game mode. This is not a Core vs HC debate
Please feel free to add...
Have a Wonderful weekend everyone, and happy hunting
* holding choke points and active defending is not camping, no matter what you think, for this challenge. Sitting back in spawn, or in a random corner, is. TDM Exception: You can camp, but not in the same place for too long.
These threads are very cool, thanks man for posting them. I don't tend to do the video thing but I've recorded a few (here is one of me using the HAMR) now you will see I get two VSATs and two escort drones but they do not appear (because I focused on my usage of the LMG).
I have always personally preferred core because I find it better suits how I play, and its more enjoyable (to me).
Good thread again RL cheers
Hipfiring with an LMG adds insult to injury!
I wish I could fix this video rendering issue I am having...
Goes to show why I prefer the core mode, most of the kills I get in that video would have never happened if it was in HC. Because core allows for the player to get shot at and not immediately die. Nothing more RL, I enjoy core more because of this feature.
...most of the kills I get in that video would have never happend if it was in HC.
heh because this thread is not a debate, I will reserve my comment on that statement lol. However everyone has their preferences and that is everyone's choice.
I hope to see more submissions from people... but it would be good for additional comments in the tread pertaining to discussions about the videos to keep things on topic and within the forum guidelines.
Now I've seen it all Ego going ham and not using smoke! I did get a little teary eyed though thinking about those VSATS going to waste but sometimes it's best to not call them in. I can't tell you the number of tiimes that I've called one in just to get killed before I could even get my gun back.
Edit: The re-read this and thought that someone that doesn't know Ego may not understand what I was saying. The going ham part is pretty normal for Ego but he's known for being a smoke freak. I just had to give him a little poke.
I'll be doing one just need to work on it.