Stop the rank complaints

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Highlighted

Stop the rank complaints

When I was young if there was any arguments between my siblings my father had the simple answer to stop all complaining, break whatever caused the issue (we let ourselves lose only one NES controller). But apply this to zombies rank by removing shotgun rank and we:

Stop glitchers from looking beast

Stop people from quiting out (as often) to preserve their stats

Maintain a system where you can still rank up and judge others skill; but without elietism

**Note: not hating on shotgunners... some of my friends who dont glitch or discriminate are at that rank and we have awesome fun games; but they could get by with a little knife picture just the same

Level 17
45 REPLIES

Re: Stop the rank complaints

in reply to TEX_715

Its Treyarchs fault. They should have realized that trying to implement a rank system that shows certain players are better was a bad idea. Zombies is all about teamwork. Making players worry about rank and stats ruins aspects of teamwork that were in the last game. Should have been something that was noticed right away when designing it.

Level 32

in reply to Cheesegrater281

If you're a legit solid player, you shouldn't have to worry about maintaining your rank. If the majority of your games are pretty good, there is no worry.

Level 18

in reply to CalamityCate_

It doesn't matter to me. I could care less if I was a skull rank. My main issue with the system is that it has an impact on how games are played since A lot of players are worried about stats. It seems like glitching and quitting are bigger problems this time around. And as I stated below, it's because there is a big enough portion of gamers that will do anything to get and keep a higher rank.

Level 32

Spend a little more time in pre-game lobbys to make sure you're going to like the people you play with. Glitchers are easy to spot, most of the time they are proud of glitching, like it's an accomplishment.

I'm not worried about losing my shottys. I play well consistently. One really bad game isn't going to kill my rank, so there is no need for me to back out or freak out.

But what do you mean people play the game differently? They don't take many risks because they don't want to die? They are less likely to revive? What is different about their playing? Just because someone plays a little more cautiously doesn't mean they are less of a player than someone who runs around taking kills and running their trains through everyone elses.

Level 18

in reply to CalamityCate_

You're right, I don't spend any time in pre game lobby. I just ready up once I have four players, pretty much no matter what. I don't get a lot of time to play so I just want to get on and play when I can. And I personally don't care if people back out since I'm not too concerned about my stats or rounds. I just like getting on and playing.

But the issue with the rank system is that there are a lot of people who care way to much about it. We see a bunch each week that want to know how to reset their stats cause they went down too many times when they first started playing, so now they want to start fresh so they can rank up. This is the same mentality that a lot of players have. They are concerned about every stat. They don't want to pick someone up cause they might take an extra down trying. They need to get the sliquifier so they can get the most kills. In later rounds when things get a little chaotic, which is when some of the best gameplay takes place, they quit because they don't want to go down and then risk more downs trying to rebuild. Or they just quit out completely so they don't take a down at all.

A lot of the issues would happen in games anyway. But the rank system they have added encourages it, which seems to be the main reason why BO2 has more quitters and glitchers. At least in my experience in random lobbys. Yeah, good players don't need to worry about that stuff, but a lot of players aren't good. At least not the real shotgun good. But a lot will try anything to get them like they are gonna win money for doing it.

As you said about checking pre lobby, you could do that in BO1 with lobby stats. So they should have just kept that system instead. And I know you and I have been in conversations about the different ways they could have incorporated emblems that would have been better then this. Its just one of the many things they tried to add that they didn't put their full thought into.

Level 32

in reply to TEX_715

Elitism is unfortunately a human character trait that history has proven cannot be eradicated.  It will find its way into whatever ranking system they devise.  Even on BO1 I encountered plenty of people who felt entitled based on their high round lobby leaderboard.  They would scoff at anyone who had yet to surpass round 20. 

Discrimination will continue no matter what.  We have to elevate ourselves above it by making conscious choices not to discriminate or fuel others in their discrimination.

Level 22

in reply to LORD_GRRR

Truth.

Level 22

in reply to LORD_GRRR

I agree. There's always going to really good players and there's always going to be people who want to talk and show off about being really good players. Even ones who arent. No matter what.

The problem with this system though is every game matters. So people are stingy about things every game. So when it gets hard, instead of taking a bunch of downs to keep the game going, players will quit or glitch cause they think the downs will hurt there rank. Or not pick someone up cause they might take a down. Or old a Sliquifier part cause they need it to boost their kills to get shotguns. People will do that stuff anyway, but the rank system promotes it for players who aren't as good as they want people to think.

In bo1, a player could glitch to 55 and talk about how great they were. Then they could play a game and the only thing that might make them quit was everyone telling them they really sucked. Now, they have to keep that lie they built up every game. Otherwise they will lose their rank.

Level 32

I hear you.  There was definitley less discrimination on BO1 vs. BO2 for the reasons you mention.  It sucks that many people who choose not to rise above base their self-esteem on numbers rather than how they conduct their interactions with other people.  To me, stats are a cool feature for people that realize their significance doen't supercede our value of self worth.  The emblems, however, are definitely causing some dissent in the ranks!

Level 22

Studios