Storyline - Misty/Sam/Russman/Marlton

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Storyline - Misty/Sam/Russman/Marlton

So, after dedicating a ton of time to the zombies maps, and completing all EE, i was left with the origins final cutscene. i honestly didn't mind that ending, however, in the month or so since it has been since i last logged on, ive been left to wonder what happened to misty/sam/russman/marlton - anyone else? what about the navcards, the bus, etc...do they ever find the rift? there was just a lot of stuff that was left unanswered...i really was bummed that they didn't come out with one last map that gave us a better idea of just what happens to them... burial somewhat explains it, i suppose...i actually think there is a possibility that there is still something that everyone has overlooked and treyarch is giggling at the idea of it...

might actually hop back on today and go for some high rounds, since it has been so long. xbox360 gt: docfugazi - if youre not a kid, and have some solid experience.

Level 2
44 REPLIES

Re: Storyline - Misty/Sam/Russman/Marlton

in reply to docfugazi

some decent stuff found here, but it was from a while ago and nothing really confirmed:
Re: So The New Crew Was Pointless?

Level 2

in reply to docfugazi

I believe this:

Origins is the ending to Maxis's ending in Buried. He gains power of the zombies AND of Richtofen.

He goes back to France and directs a zombie to kill him and he is turned into the drone. He then loses control to sam. After the Buried E.E. he says he can now go to Agartha and be with sam. Hence why Maxis does so in origins. Now what happened in the cutscene is the time loop effect for the characters. They have to repeat EVERYTHING.

Richtofen on the other hand, we don't know his effect though.. maybe in the next game? That would be great since he wasn't that crazy in origins. My guess is Richtofen does the same but "kills" sam before she goes into the MPD.

Level 6

in reply to Booman451

Why would Richtofen go back and kill Sam, when he already has supreme power? He talks about not wanting to go back to his previous body, and that the aether's energy is his to control for the world that's his personal play thing.

On a similar note, the cliff hanger for Moon may still exist, because consider when Maxis speaks of Richtofen's actions condemning Sam's soul to damnation, he could be talking of the old 4 still fighting zombies at who-knows-where. BUT, if they still were alive, why didn't they do Maxis' tasks themselves? As they started the domino effect with the rocket launch.

Who knows.

Level 7

in reply to Booman451

Boom your post is off. Also Richtofen wasn't always crazy. It wasn't until after he teleported to the MPD for the first time (before the events of Zombies) he began hearing voices which made him insane. It all says so in the radios on Moon.

Level 5

in reply to Jugg3naut510

The reason WHY he'd go kill sam is to make sure he will be in conrtol with no disruptions. She had control once, she can get it again.

Jugg3naut, I know but the story ALWAYS had him crazy in the maps so it was just my personal thought.

Level 6

in reply to docfugazi

It's a tough one but in my opinion zombies is going open world and the bo2 storyline ( haha yh right) was setting up the groups for bo3, the flesh, cdc and broken arrow.... If done right it might be good but the evolution of zombies by treyarch was about money not love.. Hence Nazi zombies without nazis. I'm sure I'm not the only to say bo2 felt some what hollow ( some might say alot worse)

To me it does feel like they picked a random idea for a map and forced the story to work around it. Some of the maps and gameplay have been great but storyline wise has killed it.

Level 17

in reply to formallyKNOWNas

Agreed.

Level 6

in reply to docfugazi
  • The rift was at Buried.
  • The whole new crew was added only to appeal to new players and to make joining to the story this late easy.
  • The new crew story was just bad.
  • And the whole ending was just rubbish and the whole cliff hanger of what happened to O4 after Moon was ignored.
Level 64

in reply to matuzz

That pretty much sums it up.

I look forward to the next zombies but it's going to be really hard to take whatever story they come up with seriously.  I don't think they will ever be able to capture any magic like what they had going at the release of Tranzit ever again.

I just hope the next zombies retains the core of what makes it so addictive.  To me, it seems clear they are planning on taking zombies a new direction by severing old ties.  Hopefully, those ties are just story related and not game mechanics related.  I had strong confidence in Treyarch at the beginning of BO2.  But now I am genuinely frightened they may collapse the success of the zombies franchise if they alter the winning formula.  I've heard rumors of doing away with the point system, etc.  And while I don't take stock in rumors, I do take stock in the fact that they crashed and burned the story into the ground.  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to tinker with the core of what makes zombies great and morph it into a different game.

Level 22

Studios