Suggestion for zombies if Black Ops III is made

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Suggestion for zombies if Black Ops III is made

Currently there's no solid evidence that states whether Black Ops III is being made; a new call of duty game has been announced, but it's unclear what it is from what I've read. I'm making this thread on the off-chance that the game being planned is Black Ops III, and I have a suggestion for the zombies gamemode that will hopefully be taken into consideration.

More search options:

It's often a long and tedious process for some players to find a game with the right people, often it can take up anywhere from five to fifteen minutes (give or take) to find a game with the right people. Quite often you are looking for specific team who all meet a prerequisite; e.g. all team members have a microphone, all team members are a certain rank or above, etc. If you don't care about things like that, you just don't select any search refining options.

My suggestion is to implement search options similar to the connection options (low, normal and high), these options would allows players to quickly and easily sift through the hundreds, or even thousands of online players to find a team who meets a certain prerequisite. I don't think it would be wise to add too many search refining options, but just some general ones to help us save those five to fifteen minutes.

Another thing I would like to have added is the ability to reset your stats on zombies. I don't think it's possible to have your stats reset right now, but it would be very useful for people who want a fresh start. I haven't really thought this part over, but I suppose you could have something like a month to change your mind and return your stats to the way they were. I suppose you could also include some sort of limit to the amount of times you could do this; like I said before I didn't really think about this part -- food for thought.

Level 1
31 REPLIES

Re: Suggestion for zombies if Black Ops III is made

in reply to MystoganLC

That's a terrible idea. If you knew how matchmaking works then you'd now why. When you only have 5000 people playing a map, imagine what those extra options would do. You'd find it very hard to get a game, and if you do; it might be on crappy connection. If you're talking about a fresh stat because you want a better rank, I'll have you know I earned the shotguns with 200k kills. No need for it.

Level 13

in reply to sasukeJAuchiha

same, just got mine back at around 280k kills.

Level 1

in reply to MystoganLC

Truly customisable options for private matches and thorough bug testing. These are without doubt the two biggest downfalls of blops2. Nothing needs to be said about the bugs really, except for maybe decent communication between devs and players, just so we know if something will be fixed, not left in the dark wondering. The custom options.... I would still be playing now if we could customise the maps with our own wall weapons, box weapons, perks EE on or off etc.

Level 15

in reply to MystoganLC

Oh, and get rid of statistics. Apart from rounds reached obviously. They are good for nothing

Level 15
Highlighted

in reply to MystoganLC

I'm more interested in the direction that they are going to go with the maps. All the gimmicky things that they put into BO2 are the things that end up ruining the maps. Don't give us maps that are so big they crash, or modes of transport that are game breaking. Quality over quantity, and keep things simple.

I'd really like to see them go back to basics. not everyone has/wants to put 5-10 hours into a game to compete on the leaderboards. Maps like Nacht, Verruckt and Shi No Numa give you a challenge and you can get a decent leaderboard by putting in 1-3 hours- if you're any good. I think they should give us 8-10 maps upon release. Not all on the scale of Tranzit or Origins. Some small maps, maps without perks(or at least without Jug) and pack-a-punch, medium sized maps with limited perks,etc. And rather than the BO2 style of giving us bigger maps broken down, these should be unique, individual maps with their own easter eggs.

Don't get me wrong, it does take skill to get to high rounds on any map, I'd just like to see more variation in the type of challenge we're getting.

Level 9

in reply to MystoganLC

Things that need to be in the next game:

A real way at the menu to select a 2 or 3 player game. Its a joke to have leaderboards for them but can't select those games without jumping through hoops.

A leaderboard carry over system from 4-3-2 player games. Solo games should only count toward solo leaderboards from the start, but if a 4th player drops from a game, then there needs to be incentive for the other 3 players to keep going. Even if 1 or 2 of the other players don't care about leaderboards, 1 player dropping usually is followed by others who do care. There should be a round cap, like 5 rounds, players needs to complete after a person quits. If a player quits a 4p game at round 23, then the game should continue like a 3 player game in round 24 (# of zombies). The 4p game of round 23 counts toward the 4p leaderboard and If the 3 remaining players can complete 5 more rounds on 3p settings, then that starts to count to 3p leaderboards. So 3p starts at round 24, if they can make it past round 28, then the game counts on the 3p leaderboard. That way the stats fare and people have a reason to always keep playing.

And better map testing. BO2 was big and ambitious, but it was plagued by some really bad bugs. And Activisions response to fixing these bugs was awful, since some never did get fixed and other bugs popped up, like the flying turbines. They let glitches on Tranzit waste a lot of their customers time and even encouraged them. And Jimmy Z didn't even know how the menus for the game mode worked. For a game company to make that much money and put so little effort into making a quality game, they should be ashamed. At least Rockstar were vocal and fast when it came to fixing GTA Online, which was packed with bugs. And most of the issues with their game got fixed. So why can't Activision do the same. Instead of starting up your next money grab, try to make sure the one you have out now is fixed. Show some pride in your work.

Things I'd like to see:

Better ranking system. I like the emblem idea but want a better way to get them. One thats not set up as a ladder system of who is bad and who is the best, but one that reflects how someone plays. If you have a lot of revives, a lot more then average players per game, then you might get a medic emblem, or if you use a lot of sniper weapons and get headshots, a sniper emblem. One that reflects how someone plays so they take pride in their play style. Maybe even allow some customization like doing EEs unlocks a different background shield for the emblem or something like that. The ladder system doesn't work cause its always going to encourage people who care to do whatever it takes to get the top emblem, even if they shouldn't have it. And it also causes a lot of trash talking between different ranks, which doesn't work for a COOP game mode. I'm sure their would still be trash talking between medic or sniper or whatever emblems, but it would be a little more friendly since no one is seen as being above another. Now ever shotgun "glitched" or is a "zombie god", every skull either "sucks" or is a "resetter", every knife is "the best real players" or they "quit games early". People are too defensive about it when its about having fun.

And like many others said, Custom games with real options. Personally I'd like to see the options for each map expand over time. So we might only get some small options the first month a map is out, but then get more options after that month to add more life to the map. Like picking wall weapons, locking specific doors, new starting point, and adding bosses. Those options along with the headshots only and other things would make for some interesting twists to maps. Maybe even add multiplayer options like trying to hold random appearing spots on the map to get points. Something that would make it even better is to let people share either 1 - 3 custom games they save, but they also come with their own leaderboard that that person can regulate as they want. If they think the top person for their map is cheating then they can delete them.

And lastly, something I'd personally like to see is an option to make a custom character that we play as in only custom games. A character we can dress and make our own so we are always them. And like the emblems, we should be able to unlock cooler things for them as we play. Doing EEs, killing so many zombies, using so many explosives, ect... will give us new things to add to them to personalize them a little. Kind of like BO1 multiplayer had. Nothing too customizable but enough to make the characters unique to the player.

Level 32

in reply to Cheesegrater281

Please go work for Treyarch.

Level 13

in reply to sasukeJAuchiha

I second that

Level 15

in reply to Chucky6661

Thrice. I've only been lucky enough to play one game with Cheese (and I was probably a tad too "challenged" at the time to do well). But, this dude knows his shiz.

BTW- Activision (which comes up as a misspelled word on their own forum) deleted my avatar. Poo. So, I look differently now

Level 16

Studios