TREYARCH'S OWN ZOMBIES ONLY GAME!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: TREYARCH'S OWN ZOMBIES ONLY GAME!

in reply to Cheesegrater281

"Ghosts sales are down 50% from last year..."

It is abit hard to compare as this year there is the new gen console transition.

Not everyone has migrated yet and many who are on the ps3/xbox maybe holding out on getting Ghosts until their next gen console arrives.

Back on topic - regardless of how many bad bits there have been about the COD games there will always be a new tide of followers, enough for the developers to keep making money to rollout whatever effort they can. I still do not think they will will separate Zombies though. It is a safer option to keep the two together. Roughly 80% of the people I have come across have played both MP and Zombies. While the remaining percentage are split between playing either only MP or only Zombies.

Treyarch will really have to lift their game if they were to make 80% of the population buy two games in the future.

Level 8

Its because Ghosts is a new COD story line, it ain't meant to continue off anything.

Level 6

in reply to reluctent

I agree. I never said that its a continuation or anything, just that it is awful. Its pretty much the same story line of BO2. There is a bad guy, flash back of why he is so bad, then you capture him as part of his plan, frees himself, tortures someone in front of you, and then you have to kill him to save the world. Except now you and your brother and daddy are part of some cheesy unit in ski masks. Gameplay wise CoD is always fun, but how many times can I stealth knife a guy and have it still be awesome or the character gets groggy and dizzy from falling, a crash, an explosion, or bad guy hitting me in the head. These things were great in past games when they were original but now its done every mission. I just thought it was a terrible new installment and I didn't really enjoy the near future setting of BO2 either.

I don't think they will do a zombie only game, but I think it would be awesome and help them. Instead of the same old cliche action movie style campaign every year, why not throw in a zombie one. You can still have us fighting soldiers, but you could also have zombies and other things in the mix. Build it around the old storyline with new characters doing things around the same time period while we get a few hints at what is going on and what the other crew is doing, kind of like Nuketown did with the messages. That way the story has some familiarity to it without completely giving away what's going on and so it can send us to new spots and old ones. A campaign with real interesting bosses instead of one cheesy bad guy we have to choke out and quick time kill at the end. And as we progress through the campaign, new zombie maps for zombie mode and mini games can be unlocked. Mini games like a good tower defense with sniping zombies and protecting people or driving games, kind of like Spec Ops for MW2.

And they could even keep their core multiplayer gameplay with more horror themed maps which would be a little more interesting then the boring rooftop something helipad or plane crash crater maps we get now. Loved them the first time we had them, but now the maps don't stand out at all, except the DLC maps which get a little more attention, minus the recycled ones we get. They'd still make the action game, but I think a year break would at least help it be a little more original. I don't think it will happen, but wish it would. For me, the series needs some new life and I think a zombie game would give them that.

Level 32
Highlighted

Some missions were pretty fun though, but the story could be a little better. Otherwise, graphics and guns were pure sweetness.

Level 6

in reply to Merlin12

If this was a new installment to COD, it would sure be great. But after watching Treyarch do what they did in Black ops 2 zombies, its just clear they have completely ran out of ideas, so therefore threw the fact it was all a child's imagination in our faces and dropped it all on Origins. I mean, after you come up with a good idea for a game, you should be able to continue that franchise forever, ideas are unlimited. But Treyarch obviously wanted to end it all in Origins, well all I'm going to say is they really spoiled zombies for good, the story won't be a story anymore since its all a fake.

As bad as it seems, Treyarch will very unlikely carry on zombies after Origins. They clearly don't care what happens to it all now, the only thing the care about is stroking the $'s in their hands and watching us rage at them. If this idea was to be produced then zombies may just continue but its a moment people have to expect the worst from, especially since Activision are likely going to have done something to the new game, if there is one. MOTD and Origins were the only thing that made zombies worth playing on Black ops 2, those maps were complex and unique, the others however, failed to continue the storyline at the best it could, the endgames were a dissapointment along with the final ending to Origins. I've asked this question before, WTF happened between Black ops 1 and Black ops 2!?

Level 6

in reply to reluctent

I thought BO2 maps were way more creative than BO1. A huge post-apocalyptic destroyed town that is Tranzit, Alcatraz, an underground western town with a haunted house? Way more creative than a nazi theater, a soviet cosmodome, or some jungle. Moon and CoTD were good, but they each had really annoying flaws, CoTD had george and fog, and Moon had that awful gravity, which was realistic, but poorly done. I floated whenever I ran over a slight bump. Anyway, I think that Treyarch should absolutely make another game with zombies and multiplayer. Treyarch is way better at multiplayer than the new infinity ward and Zombies is still great. I thought Origins was actually the worst map from Blops 2, although many thought it was the best. Ideally, Treyarch would release dlc zombies maps separate from multiplayer dlc so that I wouldnt have to pay 15$ just to play a zombies map. Also, I wish they would re-make tranzit for ps4 with really good graphics, no fog, and maybe a continuation of the easter egg.

Level 6

in reply to M3NTZ3R29

Those maps were really glitchy, nearly every public game I'd go in some person get's out the map and is not killed by death barriers.

He only denied glitching to the rest of his team even though he clearly was, probably did not know what a glitch was. The needed more death barriers on those maps, (not as many as on Black ops 2 maps though). It doesn't take 5 mins just to code in a death barrier, and yet it would be so helpful to catch glitchers.

Level 6

in reply to Merlin12

What Treyarch needs to do is make a game for the next-gen consoles that is simply a collection of every zombies map ever. The maps wouldn't need to be changed in any way. Simply throw in each map from each game. Perhaps minimal amounts of new features to give us something different between this new Zombies and the current, but basically keeping the maps the same. This way, no one needs to constantly switch between games and/or consoles to play each installation of Zombies. I have a PS3 with World at War and then my Xbox 360 with the two Black Ops games. Now, after upgrading to the PS4, I'm not exactly looking forward to having to switch between three different platforms to be able to play each and every map (assuming that Treyarch includes more Zombies in it's next game). Perhaps this new game could include the option to have Black Ops or World at War mystery box for the classic maps. Or, maybe the ability to acquire every perk from the perk machines in the BO2 maps would be a possibility. Maybe you could continue to have the power of setting the game up as in BO2's custom games, with more features such as turning Mule Kick on and off. A map creator could be another fun tool. The list could go on and on, but I'm sure I speak the mind of many when I say that Treyarch should combine all of their epic Zombies installations into one, easy to access game, for next-gen and PC.

Level 1

in reply to HyP3RVoRt3X

Not just for the next-gen. Some people don't have the money for it so they will have to do it on Xbox 360 as well.

Level 6

in reply to Merlin12

Not too sure on how well a stand alone zombies game would do. I'm talking  sales wise since only about 1/3 or less or people who play cod play zombies. Maybe they could do like a 2 disc set multi/campaign on one and a zombies only on the other so it gives them more space instead of cramming everything into one disc.

Level 9

Studios