Talking about sniping and about quickscoping

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Talking about sniping and about quickscoping

This is the most conman excuse people use to call a sniper who quickscopes unskilled, it aim assist abuse and auto aim.

This 100% nonsense and this is frustrating me people thinking sniping is sad and for noobs, and on occasions I have been told I am better of dead because I quickscoped someone. you got to have no life to think this.

The aim assist is only every gun, look in the settings it says aim assist, and the games pre-set has this setting turned on for everyone unless they disable it.

If I put ACOG on an assult rifle and iron sight on the Ballista, would you say the assult rifle is abusing aim assist and the sniper is not. or would you be to strong minded over something that is false!

aiming a sniper is harder due to the scope obstruction, slow ads (aim down sight) time and large crosshairs.

this confuses me because snipers are the most accurate weapons you can hold over long ranges and everything about the build of a snipers need to be accurate for the task of assassination or long range engagement.

And you can quickscope in real life. snipers are a little heavier then assault rifle but if you was a spacial service solider, you are trained to be strong and fast. and I am 100% sure using and aiming guns is the number 1 thing they learn.

I am not saying they do but I am sure they are more then capable of "quickscoping". and I know if they make a service that just "quickscoped" people will be able do it with great accuracy just like in the game.

I see people on YouTube with a sniper proving you can't quickscope, but they own a gun. does not mean they know how to use it, and these people are small of stature I am sure they haven't used a gun for a living and to live!

and this is my main point, any injury people claim you will sustain if you attempt to quickscoped in real life, but what if your life depended on it. If my life depended on quickscoping where I might injure my arm, I would not care, what's the worst that can happen? dislocated arm?

I have never had a bullet shot in me nor any injury to my arm, I do not know which is more painful. but I know life is worth any pain.

the only thing that would stop me, is aiming down the scope, the force of a sniper will push your eye back into your head, but saying this I wouldn't aim down sight, but this does not mean I can't aim unless looking throw the scope.

A sniper rifle is still a rifle, you do not need to aim down sight to kill someone if they are close enough. the scope is only for long distance engagements.

The maps on Call of Duty are small, small enough so you can aim a sniper without needing to aim down sights but this requires extra coding and possible new buttons on console controllers to aim and aim down the scope.

Using a sniper takes about the same amount of skill as any over gun in the game.

I use every gun on call of duty. I have under a 3 K/D and 300 score per minute so you know I am not a noob but a skilled player. I can see the skill that is needed to use every guns and snipers are no different. I do handgun only, sniper only. knife only etc.etc. I know how to use every gun and just that gun alone. By the way I did have a 3.40 K/D but since I came prestige master I do not care for my stats. I like trolling people and mucking about now

If you wise to comment, leave an adult comment and be respectful to everyone who comments. I am tired of people acting childish when talking about quickscoping (on both sides) so please, just be respectful, I and overs will not listen to your contribution if you are abusive and bad mounted. even if they are on your side about quickscoping.

P.S my grammar and spelling are bad (I do not care for English. I did better in maths and science at school) but I really hope most will understand what I am talking about, and I want people to understand quickscoping is somewhat skilled and is not just abuse of aim assist.

Level 6
21 REPLIES

Re: Talking about sniping and about quickscoping

in reply to RazerDeadBullet

The qs who TS or jump of buildings killing themselves give proper qs a bad name. Who the hell watches that sort of crap on YouTube anyway.

Level 1

in reply to packagedog

People who are looking for prove quickscoping is possible in real life, I am in England and there for I can't own a gun, so I can't test quickscoping myself. If I was able to test this I wouldn't need to do research into this.

But I agree about trickshots, real snipers would never do this, but this is a game, I do try ts sometimes but I stop if we start losing and play as a proper snipers, or I just get bored of trying to ts, but I never let it help the over team win

Level 6

proof* not prove sry

Level 6

No matter what is ever said or claimed in defense of QS the majority of players will never accept it nor do they want it in the game. Only the wannabe yt stars that do it for montages want it and need it in the game. The maps have plenty of sight lines that do not ever require you to use a sniper and qs to kill. Plus when moving you should have your secondary out until in new position to take a shot. Not running with sniper and purposefully getting close to players in order to abuse the one shot kill nature of the sniper rifle.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

the s no "abuse" of snipers. its just like every over gun. and alot of maps dont have many or any lines of sight

Level 6

Every map has lines of sight for the sniper to be used correctly. Maybe not a lot but it does have some. Not all maps are meant for all weapons. You are supposed to adapt the map on which weapon you use.

And yes it is abuse for no other weapon in the game can do what the sniper rifles can. Allow every other weapon to do it to and then it cannot be called abused anymore for it would be balanced out a that point.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Aim assist is on every gun and its the saddest thing to say about snipers. In the menu in options it says about aim assist and its for every gun, treyarch would not just add it to snipers

Level 6

Razer have u actually re read through your original post????

I served in the British army infantry for 10 years and i have served in many diffrent countries now i have never ever heard something so rubbish and pointless, To try and quickscope a sniper rifle in real life is total nonesense the weight of a sniper rifle totally out weighs that of an AR ..... As well as the time to get the scope up to your eyes you then have to let ur eye re adjust to the zoom and periferial vision from the scope therefore aswell as aquiring your target.

U also have to take into effect reaction times from the minute u see the target to actually get a shot off. If u were doing a long range shot say for example anything over 500m u would then have to take into the distance, height, elevation, windage, which is commonly known as the coriolis effect again things that need to take time hence why in real time qs would and will never happen.....

HAPPY HUNTING

Level 5

in reply to coldstreamer128

The real ballista is 7 Kg. http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/rifles/ballista/

A ps3 is abut 4-5 Kilograms I could carry it to my granddads house and back when I was ten, I am more then sure a fully grown man trained in the army can handle 7kg

I am talk Black ops 2 distance, I know you have to alter your aim over long ranges but not for a distance like black ops maps, If you was in the British army you know you could use a handgun across some of these maps like Hijack.

And you don't need to scope with a sniper rifle if you are close enough. say your trying to snip at target, someone jumps on you, pulling your side arm out would take to long if hes already starting to aim at you.

Its not nonsense to quickscope in real life, you are simply not trained to do this. If you spent 10 year learning just to "quickscope" you would be more then able.

And I greatly respect you, Being in the army is the most honourable job there is. just wanted to say

But I hope you see where I am coming from with this, people say quickscoping is impossible but the real army would not train people to do this, but it is possible if people was trained.

Level 6

Studios