Team Flash, and Concussion Grenades Trolls Can this be reported as cheating?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Team Flash, and Concussion Grenades Trolls Can this be reported as cheating?

Had this guy the other day named [Removed by Moderator] on HC Domination team flash and concussion grenade the team until he managed to get himself kicked. He went around shooting team claymores and trophies and grenading his own team with flashes and concussions. I looked at his score at one point and he was 0-19 or something to that effect. He also managed to join two of my games which brings up the point of how can he join my game if I do not friend him?

Level 4
15 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Team Flash, and Concussion Grenades Trolls Can this be reported as cheating?

in reply to Reload_54

I only play this game on the weekend so it would be nice if I could at least enjoy the game without youtube trolls ruining the fun.

Level 4

Re: Team Flash, and Concussion Grenades Trolls Can this be reported as cheating?

in reply to Reload_54

how is this cheating?

also no name and shame on these boards.

Level 27

in reply to TRU11

cheating  present participle of cheat (Verb)

Verb

1. Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination:

It is cheating because It changes the outcome of a match usually causing the team to lose.

Level 4

in reply to Reload_54

he is on the same team as you.

What advantage is he gaining on you???

its trolling and not cheating.

try filing a harrasement report to sony.

reporting in game wont lead to anything.

Level 27

in reply to Reload_54

This drives me mad, thankfully it's quite rare and easy enough to deal with if you and your team force him to shoot you

Level 3

in reply to Reload_54

Ya, it's not cheating, it's just annoying. Guy was just trying to get a rise out of you and the others on the team.

I had a similar situation the other night. I was on the Hydro map and as soon as the game starts, a team mate starts shooting off his sniper rifle (why do people do that, anyway? Start shooting as soon as the game starts? What do they expect to accomplish? Just want to make sure their imaginary gun isn't jammed??).

Anyway, he's running behind me and shooting at my feet. So I start doing the same to him and then the kills me. Okay, cool. But guess what? Now my mission is to get him kicked. I track him down, stand in front of him and he shoots me again.

Bye-Bye! Now I can continue playing the game without having to worry about any d-bags on my team.

Oh and, ya - no name and shame here!

Level 2

in reply to chard1027

So my question is, can we report folks like this and have them banned from playing online. I would think this is outside the rules of game play.

Level 4

in reply to Reload_54

There are rules with Activision and your console that prohibit trolling although they don't call it trolling by name.  However, the actions that they describe as prohibited are in line with what we as a community consider trolling.  So you can report them to both and hopefully they will decide to do something about it.  The cheating option would be the closest thing that you have to a troll report button.

Level 69

in reply to Reload_54

You can report anyone you want for anything you want. That is not the question.

The question is: is it a bannable offense?

* Note: if you (and others) report someone for doing something that is not bannable, you will end wasting time of people looking at the reports.

Activision Ambassador

Studios