The Ballista with Iron Sights. Cheap or Legit?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: The Ballista with Iron Sights. Cheap or Legit?

in reply to illstplaya2live

I actually use this weapon quite often. I play primarily HC game modes and although it is always a OHK weapon, if you miss you are dead. I typically play pretty well with it unless lag causes it to be difficult to aim. I think a lot of the reason for the sights being so bulky and obstructive is to balance it a little bit. This weapon does take skill and I find it be legit. Anybody that says it is cheap should set up a ballista class with iron sights and use it for themselves. I have had a few friends complain about it being cheap until they tried it. Sometimes I get sick of hearing people complain about the sniping in this game, but Treyarch made the game fast paced and made it to where you have to move for ghost to be effective. This pressures snipers into being more mobile.

Level 2

if there is anyone here interested in a one on one sniper ballista challenge with iron sights or scope then please feel free to message me i have been trying to find sumone to beat me for a long time on bo2 sniping so please if your there message me for any one who wants to do one on one sniper with me i aint found anyone to go against me yet in pvt match one on one snipers

My psn id is Golly_Wog2013

looking for sumone to go against me using a bolt action single shot sniper rifle not the svu or xpr50 as they for noobs...

come on um one out there must be up for it

no quickscoping no trick shots etc just pure simple sniping

Level 5

in reply to coldstreamer128

DarkThrasher28. I probably won't beat you. But I think it's interesting to have an actual sniper match. Not QSing but purely sniping traditionally. A breath of fresh air. Hope to see you on man

Level 2

both... legit because its in game. cheap because of lucky ass kills.

Level 1

in reply to VashD_Stampedee

i partially agree with you there because yes most of the players who use the ballista with iron sights do just run n gun with it and try get the lucky shots and trick shots etc but thre is a small amount of players who do play right with the weapon i.e myself and more that i know of

its a no win no lose situation

there will always be wpns that get slagged off and grated and then a few days later they are the best wpn etc the best thing to do is just play the game use the wppns u like and avoid the ones u dnt like

simple

happy hunting

Golly_Wog2013

Level 5

in reply to VashD_Stampedee

What do you mean by 'lucky ass kills'?

Level 7

I leveled up the Ballista and was looking forward to using the Iron Sight attachment.  After about a week of getting owned with it I switched back to the Dual Band.  I found that with Iron Sight attached I was changing my play style, trying to do things that went against my strengths.  More power to anyone that can use it successfully.  A powerful attachment?  Yes, but harder to use than you think since you lose some of your long range accuracy.  It's legit.

Level 18

Sorry. Gonna zombify this topic. lol. I think it's a legit attachment. Granted the KSG is better in ALMOST every way, It can be a real challenge to use. It feels really good to get a quad feed versus a normal scope or an automatic. At least to me anyway. Lol I don't have many quad feeds either. Seriously...like 5...after 40 days of playing.

I think they have their places though. People may hate quickscoping in general but I think it more or less comes a thing where the community as a whole hate sniping. The dedicated snipers in the game give you absolute HELL if you sit back and aim down sights with the intention of playing a support role and the average AR/SMG user gives you shit for quickscoping. It's a lose/lose scenario and honestly, while the snipers are a powerful weapon, the iron sights imo honestly only serve to weaken the ballista.

Treyarch made it available for those who like to QS but honestly, it's overall just a weak KSG with the sole advantage of keeping it's distance power. If you are up close with it, more than likely your gonna get a C4 sandwich or just mowed down. Even if the sights do take away the temporary blind sport of your scope coming up to your screen. I vote legit.

Level 2

Studios