The Easter egg that never was...

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: The Easter egg that never was...

in reply to Chucky6661

There is only 4 orbs outwith the box orbs, and they are the two on the traffic lights in town and the two on the tower. They also all appear around the 4 lights that emit morse code, as if the tasks required are all being explained to us through the morse code.

So... is it possible that the morse code messages are actually telling us how to activate the orbs? It would make sense if we look at the 'Stay close to me' and the 'Follow the light' messages. Maybe they are two individual tasks. Maybe one player has to stay under the tower for a bit, and maybe another person has to use the box in order to obtain a specific weapon or tool from it. Follow the light seems to suggest the box.

If there is more to Tranzit, then the morse code messages are the key. The orbs circle the lights as if to check the tasks completed. Messages like 'Energy can only be transformed' and 'Power is knowledge' are things that could be looked into more.

Regarding Jimmy's tweets. I think the "Not necessarily" one is a pretty strong hint to there being more, but if you really want something more concrete, then how about a Dev telling a forum member personally that the orbs are not a glitch?

That is what happened when FlyingPlatapus phoned Treyarch and got to speak to one of the Dev's for around 30 minutes. He pressed and pressed but could not get anything more out of him other than "The orbs are not a glitch! That is all I can say... good luck."

Take from that what you will.

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

I Don't believe jimmy is going to be any help, the orbs not being a graphical glitch is not surprising but denying they are a graphical glitch is IMO no help at all, sorta obvious.

i Like your ideas about morse code and the orbs, it makes a lot of sense. What doesn't make sense is the popularity of the game yet no one has made any progress, which is why I thought they ditched the EE continuation. I hope one day we can get the facts

Level 15

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

'Power is knowledge'

This is most likely meant as "if you wanna see one of these stupid orbs, you need the power on".

I've only seen an orb post-power-up.

It does negate Maxis' way, as he's anti-power, but obviously, this appears to be the only way to see one.

Unless the orbs are part of a third path, a third persons way.

That may explain the other, seemingly random signs/messages throughout the map.

Level 16

in reply to Chucky6661

just a random idea for triggering the orbs, it seems simple so maybe someone tried it? Each player toggles the power switch?

Level 17

in reply to TEX_715

Definitely worth a try.

Also worth a try: once a person sees 'their' orb, shut the power off, just to see how it affects it? I'll give that a shot next time I see one.

I'm still fixing to try this: shoot an orb with a gun from the box that has an orb encircle it.

Or: kill zoms around the orb with same type of gun.

Both sound groovy to me...

Anyone know, can you see those suckers in theatre mode? I tried to look for one of mine, and it didn't show up... Just wondering

Level 16

in reply to CSAWWWWW

Ive never been able to find any that ive seen in theater mode.

Level 6

That'll make it easy to proove when somebody actually does something with the orbs, eh?

Automatic troll

Level 16

no one has seen them in theater, how about other step in EE, or even tower lights?

Level 17

in reply to TEX_715

You can see the tower lights, and the morse code transmissions... And the lightning atop the tower.

Which other step in the EE are you referring to?

Level 16

in reply to Chucky6661

I have seen one rotating sparkling orb on the traffic light in town, one on the light post in diner, and one on the box. no one else could see the orbs I could see. in one game I don't know what happened but one of the streams of energy came from the top of the tower in the corn fields and touched the sparkling light on the traffic light in town. it was momentarily. since then I have never been able to replicate the process or see the light in town again.  I have been thinking bout the Morse code "energy can only be transformed" , "stay close to me", and " follow the light". may be everyone has to have the ee done for the same side. activate their individual lights, the beam of light shoots out of the tower in the corn field, and the beam will hit each individual sparkling orb. maybe if the lights don't line up everyone can get the riot shields and have the window on them reflect the beam of light to where it needs to go. just a theory

Level 3

Studios