The Orbs

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

The Orbs

Whether or not you believe the EE doesn't continue till DLC, we should still try to figure out the ORBS that pop up everywhere. They are on every console and are in locations for a reason, and we should try to find out why. Perhaps they conitnue the EE now or perhaps they will play a part in future maps.

Please post anything you have personally experienced, like where you saw them, how many in a game, what character you were, what color were the orbs, and what Tower of Babble, in any, you had recently completed.

Level 32
28 REPLIES

Re: The Orbs

in reply to Cheesegrater281

I have personally only seen one and it was in a solo game. I can't remember who I was, but it was the very next game after i did Maxis side for the first time. I took shortcut past church to get to town, opened bank and took out money, went to power station and turned power on. When I got back to town, the traffic light by the bank had the red orb.

Level 32

Confirmed permanent on both trafficlights and both pylon lights

Temporary in the Box.

Level 6

in reply to Reaper2909

hard to say they are confirmed permanant when they vary on my console from game to game even though I never switch who I play with, me and my team are of the opinion that this is by nature random,since they seem to only light up at random times in random games

Level 11

Some youtube video links of otherpeople seeing the orbs. Trying to gather as much information about the orbs.

Rus seeing the blue orb on church side traffic light.

Rus seeing the blue orb on bank side traffic light.

Rus seeing the red orb on bank side traffic light

-Plgr_v6c

Samuel seeing blue orb on tower

Samuel seeing the red orb on church side traffic light.

Samuel seeing the red orb on bank side traffic light

This last video is a GOOD one of misty seeing the red orb bank traffic light actually light up when someone else turns the power on. The poster suggests the blue skull eyes might be related.

Level 32

Hey Cheese, we have been posting about this for the last 2 weeks and it seems to create little excitement. Maybe its because of the random orbs in the box? I am not sure but I will certainly try to add new info to your post.  As I see it now it is one of the few real leads we have... Other than:

The secret radio transmisions linked to the disapearing Marlton parts.

Charging the Avagadro with jet gun against Maxis's orders.

Monkey bomb thrown into church does not trigger fail noise

Unheard maxis quote about new cargo.

Anything confirmed we should go off? Anyone?

Level 17

in reply to TEX_715

I just think its something constructive to figure out. Its not just a theory. Anybody can get them, they dont appear till after the ToB, and no one has figured them out yet. I would like to at least rule things out if nothing more. Like already from the few videos people posted on youtube, Rus has seen both colored orbs in the same spot. So already, the we can rule out that Misty and Marlton can only see one color and Rus and Sam see the other. Or maybe only Rus can see both.

Its something we can try to figure out that definitely doesn't need DLC to figure out.

Level 32

I couldn't get ant orbs tonight, only thing i could think of is someone always timed out

Level 17

in reply to TEX_715

Do you have the skull with blue eyes? I haven't seen any since that 1, but I haven't had the blue eyes in a while either. Gonna build up to them again.

Level 32

I remember the first time I ever got my First orb, I did the exact same thing as you, I was Russman Went to Bank took out money, went & turned on power, Came back to town & boom, Orb on the Stoplight, The next time I saw it I want to say i was Marlton but possibly Russman Again, This time it was the opposite stop light. At the time 3-4 weeks ago I was Skull w/ Blue Eyes Now im Knife w/ blue eyes & I have yet to see any more of these orbs. Although I do normally get about 3-5 orbs per game now while hitting the Box. All of these orbs were also seen in Solo. I have been In game where my buddies have seen the Orbs on the Streetlights but I couldnt!!!

Level 6

Studios