The giant must remain... Clues to the final story

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

The giant must remain... Clues to the final story

Here's my contribution to the theory frenzy....enjoy. BTW, I searched for any existing threads on the subject and couldn't find anything...I apologise if this has been discussed already.

I'm not sure if anyone has made the connection but I was researching the timeline of the storyline (http://callofduty.wikia.com) and following links. The timeline had a link to "Wunderwaffe DG-2" and that page had a link to "vbush" which led to an interesting entry in the dreamland server (see below).

It seems to suggest that Area 51 is going to be part of the final story. The entry "SWAMP.TXT1" gives a location and states that "the giant must remain here". Because of the name of the file, I suppose it could also mean that the giant must reman in Shangra La.

There are several other intresting files in the dreamland servers....I don't have time to go to the terminal myself and view all the files this morning...I might do it tonight.

Swamp.txt1

***TOP SECRET***

***LEVEL 1 CLEARANCE EYES ONLY***

***SHI NO NUMA RECORDING #1***

Summary:

The following is a transcript of a recording that originated from the Group 935 outpost dubbed “The Swamp.” The voice heard in this recording belongs to the handler of the operative “CWZGUTCT” who went missing at an unknown time prior to the sending of this message. The operative is presumed dead and the location of Shi No Numa has yet to be resolved.

**START**

[STATIC]

AUTOMATED: R-408n 37 14 06 115 48 40 (Those are the coordinates for Area 51. R-409n is the restricted airspace around Area 51)

HANDLER: I hope that you are receiving this transmission [REDACTED], if you are not, then all is already lost. You must know by now that we failed to contain the asylum, that we had to move the experiment here. Location. The numbers will guide you. The giant must remain...

[STATIC]

... at all costs. Repeat: Der Riese must be contained at all costs. The DG-2 experiments continue. May be our only advantage now. Find Doctor...

[STATIC]

...and Doctor Maxis. They may know what’s going on. The use of Element 115 is dangerous at best. I’m not sure if we can continue here. We’ve lost most of our best...

[STATIC]

...team. I hope you get this. I hope it hasn’t happened there too. But I’m almost all out of hope.

AUTOMATED: 60 54 06.96 101 55 44.94

**END**

Level 18
14 REPLIES

Re: The giant must remain... Clues to the final story

in reply to USarmyvet

USarmyvet wrote:

It seems to suggest that Area 51 is going to be part of the final story. The entry "SWAMP.TXT1" gives a location and states that "the giant must remain here". Because of the name of the file, I suppose it could also mean that the giant must reman in Shangra La.

Oops....meant Shi no Numa

Level 18

in reply to USarmyvet

That is an interesting find.  I can't wait to see the new map.  I think that it's going to tie up a lot of curiosities that we had over the years.

Level 69

in reply to USarmyvet

We have already been in Area 51 in zombies.

And all of these messages have been widely researched. Peter's handler Cornelius tried to message Peter warning him about outbreak that happened and is worried it might happen in Der Riese also.

Level 64

in reply to matuzz

Yes but the giant tie in is interesting.  I'm always impressed at how well the Zombie team can take a variety of somewhat random stuff and tie it in along the way.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Yeah well the Giant was just name for Der Riese.

Level 64

in reply to matuzz

That may be the prevailing theory but USarmy's idea makes more sense.

Level 69

in reply to matuzz

matuzz wrote:

We have already been in Area 51 in zombies.

And all of these messages have been widely researched. Peter's handler Cornelius tried to message Peter warning him about outbreak that happened and is worried it might happen in Der Riese also.

We've been to a small spawn area in Area51....I wouldn't call that a map.

Researched widely? I found just 3 threads addressing dreamland....none about this specific file, the text in it or how it relates to the new DLC.

Level 18

in reply to USarmyvet

Well it doesn't have to do with the new DLC this message aired decade later.

Level 64

in reply to matuzz

matuzz wrote:

Well it doesn't have to do with the new DLC this message aired decade later.

LOL!

We've bounced all over time, had the original characters stuck in COTD and are reading communications on a dreamland cia server made by people from several timelines....and you want to discard a comment because it doesn't fit the "time"?

If we know anything, we know time is irrelevent in this storyline, we've been all over the timeline...aren't most people expecting a "prequel"?

Level 18

Studios