They attempted to ruin camping. Then made it worse but have ruined the middle level of playing...um...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

They attempted to ruin camping. Then made it worse but have ruined the middle level of playing...um...

I have NO issue with campers and I find people on here to be incredibly rude towards people who play this game, but camp.

As we all know.

Call of Duty BO2 has attempted to ruin camping. However, while it is slightly harder to camp and many will agree it is slightly harder to camp. They've ruined the middle level of playing e.g. the person who doesn't camp but doesn't rush. Who prefers slowly moving or holding down a zone.

I find this quite sad.

It seems you have two playstyles.

1) Run and Gun

2) Sitting down

I feel this game has only left you with two boring playstyles. I get more thrills from camping. Now I don't usually but becuase run and gun has became an awful method of playing after 3 games and camping isn't as easy as it was. You do get more of a good time playing camping like that you do run and gun because the game is basically run and gun friendly.

I usually liked sniping and that has been ruined beyond repair. I like slowly moving around the map but I have guys spawning behind me every 5 seconds or to the left of me.

Do you know what is stupid. I was using a loadstar at the back of Hijacked and the enemy spawn just infront of where I was lying down. I had just finished so naturally I killed all of them...

So yeah, this game has become boring.

Activision Ambassador
35 REPLIES

Re: They attempted to ruin camping. Then made it worse but have ruined the middle level of playing...um...

in reply to Scotland-Rules

You'll never take out camping, its impossible. Some people would prefer not using a form of Ghost when camping because it draws attention to them. They'll sit up in a room that's boobtrapped and wait for someone to walk by. Then they'll spam UAVs and that person who's coming to take out the camper shows up on radar because they choose not to use Ghost, or they'll use Ghost but move slowly and cautiously only to show up because they're not moving fast enough. Then the camper has an advantage.

Seems counter productive to me

Level 75

Re: They attempted to ruin camping. Then made it worse but have ruined the middle level of playing...um...

in reply to Ghamorra

Don't you have several threads about how EVERYONE rushes and the dynamics of cod have changed?

Level 7

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

You'll never take out camping, its impossible.

I beg to differ.

Strap on a C4 vest on every character with these specs:

- Armed after 5 total seconds of staying in a 15 sq. ft area.

- Blows 10 seconds after armed.

- Must travel a distance of 30 meters to disarm.

- Tac Inserts are removed deployed or not if player dies from vest.

- Area where vest becomes armed isnt considered "safe" for the next 10 seconds.

- Vest death = 2 deaths.

- No quick respawn if killer teabags your corpse.

Level 7

in reply to Zorz0rz

counter strike had servers where you health would drop if you stayed in 1 spot for a couple of seconds lol.

that shit was awesome.

but COD will never do anything that might loose them customers.

focus is the mainstream/casual gamer.

Level 27

in reply to Zorz0rz

you miss the point.

You can kill campers, but that will not stop people from camping

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Zorz0rz

lol at no quick respawn after a t-bagging

Level 8

in reply to Zorz0rz

lol!!!  How about making that person highly visable to all enemies on the radar even in hardcore if they sit in one spot for more that 60 sec. kinda like the v-sat . show them constantly until they move far away from that spot.

But as far as the initial complaint in this forum, when you have people that prefer to camp and complain about weapons being "Overpowered" and having a developor who's willing to cater to those complainers, someone who actually like the game for what it was will always suffer.

Ive said this many times, When this game released, I thought it was the most balanced game by COD ever. All weapons  were good, all styles could play : slow movers, run and gunners and yes, even campers. But that wasn't enough. the second wave of players emerged bringing that cry about this gun that gun, now (although not as effective as the previous CODs) campers are able to do alot better. The can set their shockcharge and claymore while posted up in a window with their assualt rifle and their guardian behind them. Making people who like to move through the map slowly(scanning) have to reconsider their approach. Almost forcing them to play as campers.

Camping is a disease.Will you stand up and help find the cure?????

Level 3

in reply to Scotland-Rules

I'm not sure why you think BO2 tried to ruin camping. They gave the ability to carry 2 shock charges, 2 claymores, a plantable riot shield, and target finders.

I'm not sure why you think sniping has been ruined... Ballistic cpu and very generous hit detection make them very powerful. Upset about ghost?

I can't sit still or I will get bored, so I'm always moving around the map. I got smg's diamond first, and have been working on the assault rifles. The exact playstyle I have been using is what you are describing as being removed from the game. I've been extremly effective and the only thing that has changed from rushing, is that my avg deaths have dropped by 1 or 2 points

Level 7

in reply to msharpblue4d

My experience echoes yours with said play style and it’s very much alive. I also recently finished my SMGs and now working on AR diamond camo.  I had to force myself to slow down and use different tactics, routes, equipment etc. The result is my whole game is spiking upwards. Many a lesson in the quest for diamond.

Level 2

Studios