User Control pannel- Friend/Foe option

Call of Duty Black Ops II Website Feedback / Suggestions

User Control pannel- Friend/Foe option

I would like a foe option on the forums something where a user can go in to their profile and set another user as foe. This setting would then block or hide any posts/comments made by that user in a thread. This would have a positive affect of allowing users to basically place another user on an ingore list if they do not like how that person replies on the forums.

IE; A user comes in to a thread and constantly argues with another user. One or both can put each other on their foe list and than never have to read another comment by that user again. Other members could still see and repond to any thing either user said thus the thread context would not be affected nearly as much as before.

Would be an affective way to deal with troll posts, flamewars, or other means where each user would have the ability to just ignore that user they did not like. Sort of like the block communication setting on xbl, or the block setting on aim/msn/skype or any other communication interface that allows such chocies.

It is a feature that I think works well for any website if the users have it and know about it and how to use it and are directed to use it first before reporting every post they come across that they do not agree with or like made by an individual.

Level 70
5 REPLIES

Re: User Control pannel- Friend/Foe option

in reply to trialstardragon

It's a discussion forum. So there will always be people with other opinions.

Get it that some people are annoying but just skip those messages.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 59

in reply to dtuchpunk

Yes but with such a feature it would be easier to ingore those individuals and thus not have to read the reply and thus remove the chance of a perosn replying back in a way that may be less than appropriate for the forums.

I know of many people that have had temp bans because they allowed what someone else say get to them enough to break the rules. with this feature those bans could have been avoided easier and with less hassle on the mods to clean up the mess afterwards.

Level 70

The posting habits you describe as annoying would also seem to violate the Code of Conduct. Report posts like that so we can keep the forums in line with our rules.

Thank you

Claire JeepChick

Treyarch Moderator

in reply to jeepchick

I understand that but this would be a simple feature that could allow others to place those they commonly end up arguing with on a block or ignore list to lower the chance of future events stemming from them disagreeing too much and not agreeing to just disagree.

I am not saying it would be a magic bullet for all problems but another option that some users maybe would use.

Level 70

I want dis feature. i would list all of the "vets" as foes. so tired of there know it all attitude.

Level 6

Studios