We need two subforums for zombies, one for multiplayer rounds and one for EE

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

We need two subforums for zombies, one for multiplayer rounds and one for EE

Its just so annoying scrolling through 100+ people doing an EE just to find someone wanting to do a 50+ game.

That is all.

Level 6
10 REPLIES

Re: We need two subforums for zombies, one for multiplayer rounds and one for EE

in reply to Fog115

When the BO2 forums were created we moderators weren't aware that Zombies were going to have MP elements, we're talking Grief/Turned, and were operating under previous conditions. That being the Zombies community was "small." Know that we moderators understand fully that you need more forums, but getting people to migrate to them is a task in itself.

We've already created an MP forum. Adding anything else after that and with it being so late in the game is a bit much.

There's a lot that I want to do and try out, but I don't have the ability to do it.

Re: We need two subforums for zombies, one for multiplayer rounds and one for EE

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

We've already created an MP forum.

Yes, but all the stuff created in there also shows up in the main zombies forum, so it does nothing to clean up the main forum.

Level 35

in reply to Megadog14

Megadog14 wrote:

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

We've already created an MP forum.

Yes, but all the stuff created in there also shows up in the main zombies forum, so it does nothing to clean up the main forum.

There's a lot that I want to do and try out, but I don't have the ability to do it.

We're not that oblivious.

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

I realise that you and the other mods dont have the ability to tinker with the forums, but ive never seen anyone acknoledge it, so... just letting you know.

Level 35

in reply to Fog115

dude go check th emultiplayer subforum barely no one posts there ı dont think anyone would need another section

Level 1

in reply to Fog115

How I would fix the current situation.

1. The Zombies sub-forum would be rendered Admin/Moderator posts only.
  2. A new sub-forum would be created. This sub-forum would be "Zombies: Discussion."
  3. All content from the existing Zombies index would be migrated to Zombies: Discussion.
  4. All MP related discussion would be migrated from Zombies: Discussion to Zombies: Multiplayer.
  5. Zombies Index would be repurposed as a hub. Content to be included: Patchnotes for 360 + PS3, direction to new/old sub-forums, links for customer support.

A simple mockup.

Zombies Index
Pending Announcements
Thread - Patch Notes 360Container - Zombies: Discussions
Thread - Patch Notes PS3Container - Zombies MP
Thread - Platform Customer Support
Thread - Activision Customer Support

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

I know you aren't taking requests but......

I would love a link on the right side to my bookmarks as well as threads I've posted on.....

Going through the top YOUR STUFF link is a PITA and it typically makes me have to log back in.

Level 44

in reply to GulfCoastGirl

GulfCoastGirl wrote:

I know you aren't taking requests but......

I would love a link on the right side to my bookmarks as well as threads I've posted on.....

Going through the top YOUR STUFF link is a PITA and it typically makes me have to log back in.

Navigation with this software is definitely a pain. I'm guessing you want a feature similar to Reddit's?

Example:

2013-08-06_1424.png

You can always bookmark your overview of content.

http://community.activision.com/people/097442160e508d30d8109424a4c42bfc?view=overview

Feel free to elaborate and provide examples. I really, really dislike this forum software and any requests from the community can and will be noted in future discussions regarding forum software. Within reason of course.

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

Navigation with this software is definitely a pain. I'm guessing you want a feature similar to Reddit's?

Actually I'm not a fan of Reddit's site layout at all.

I participate in a lot of Internet forums for a broad range of topics and I can honestly say this one is about the worst I've ever seen in terms of design layout, functionality and user ease.  I try not to whine about it because even though it sucks, it's what we have and I enjoy the community of people here.

One widely used forum software is vBulletin, I think most people know how to navigate it.... I would love it if this site implemented it.   Here's a link to their own forums for an idea of the page layout/functionality http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

Level 44

Studios