What Map Had Your Biggest First Impressions Ever?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

What Map Had Your Biggest First Impressions Ever?

Basically what I'm saying is what map that you played the first time gave you the biggest WOW factor.

Mine would be Ascension first few times I played that map I was amazed at how beautiful it was to how you start off to the easter egg to the mystery behind the map itself to me the map was the last map Treyarch did that had me amazed at first after that I was still amazed at the rest of BO1 maps but BO2 maps have yet to give that big wow factor like I had the first time I played Asscension.

Level 19
21 REPLIES

Re: What Map Had Your Biggest First Impressions Ever?

in reply to DarkMega1

For B2? Mob. The first time I saw Brutus I was hitting the box in the infirmary and he appeared to my left. I almost sh*t myself and just the aesthetics of th emap had me like WOW Dafuq?!

Level 15

in reply to DarkMega1

Same. Ascension. I remember the first few times playing it. I could not believe how big it was, and thought it was visually stunning. Also getting to experience PHD.

No map ever captivated me in the same way after that. Moon had me intrigued, but lacked the wow factor of Ascension.

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

I feel you I loved the layout it was so beautiful and the map was just about the right size had no mission that was annoying and tedicous just turn on the power and you're free to go you had to link the landers but that wasen't a problem you only had to do it once. In MOTD refueling the plane was to annoying after a while.

Level 19

in reply to DarkMega1

Difficult for me to say.

Between Verruckt and Der Riese though, for sure. :]

Level 34

in reply to theatriks

Verruckt was creepy back the first time I played it in WAW I loved the horror factor or scare factor behind a Nazi Asylum creepy man and the way the zombies ran so fast at you scared the hell out of me !

Level 19

in reply to DarkMega1

Die Rise. That map was sooooo different and overwhelming, didn't know what to do. When you go through a map the first couple times, you start to get an understanding of the layout. Well Die Rise got more confusing and intimidating.

My first impression wasn't so much like wow this is amazing or awesome, but instead, "holy crap".

Level 23

in reply to BKBLAZER

I understnad what Treyarch was going for in Die Rise but I didn't like it in my opinion it was alright but soon I grew tired of it but was a major step up from Tranzit.

Level 19

in reply to DarkMega1

Ascension... Came with my copy of BO1 so i had it when i first played it. Really cool design, always enjoyed seeing the map while coming down in the beginning.

Level 35

in reply to DarkMega1

id probably say Call of the Dead cuz firstly it was the 1st map with the little video before it so i was prepped before i even played. then you start and george walks out of the water and you unload into him. (it took me a few games with my cousin to finally realize we didnt HAVE to shoot him) then you get into the map and its so different especially after ascension blew everyone out of the water. the ziplines, the flinger, 2 wonder weapons! (vr11 sucked but it was cool) then my favorite part and why i still love the map was a solo OR co-op easter egg! with trophies and an awesome reward!

overall it had the biggest and funniest 1st impressions out of all the maps

Level 9

Studios