What is an Average K/D ratio?

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Re: What is an Average K/D ratio?

in reply to KillSift90

Everyone, this is not an argument i wanted to start. I messed up in the wording, and this hopefully solves a few questions.

Absolute Average K/D (Altogether): The absolute average counting all the K/D's will be above one because of the weight added by an extremely good K/D. Every Kill has one death, one death can be caused by suicide or an enemy kill. K/D's are different, some have more weight than others.

Median Absolute Average K/D (Altogether): The 50 percentile is the median.This usually falls below 1.00, because a person with 2/1 can beat two people who are 1/1 and 0/1.

All Absolute Kills/Deaths (Complete Record of All Players): Excluding suicides or going off the map, it is 1/1, or 1.00.

Absolute Kills/Deaths (In Single Match): Excluding suicides, 1/1.

Absolute K/D RATIO (In Single Match): Often higher than 1.00, because of the dominance of a high K/D over a low one.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to KillSift90

You guys sure do complicate an issue lol

I was reading just to see a baseline of skill level.  Now I'm googeling mathmatic formulas and trying to figure out why one number has more "weight" then another lol.

....on the positive, I guess I'm learning something

Level 7

in reply to xtraflossy

LOL, I knew what a true average K/D was, which was around 1.00 if you were talking about the middle range of players. But an OK player has many definitions, and since this is actually my first Call of Duty game, I can expect my K/D to be low. That was the whole point of this discussion. I know my K/D will get better, but hopefully it isn't too slow of a process.

Level 1

in reply to KillSift90

To be honest, you have to have at least a 2 k/d to be considered to know what you're doing with your gun.

In BO2, you gotta have at least a 300 SPM, to show that you know how to win and what it takes to win (aka PTFO).

Level 7

in reply to Ezcru

No offense, but this was exactly the opposite of what I was looking for. Less than about 15% of the people have at least a 2.00 K/D and at most a quarter have a 300 SPM. I truly understand what you mean by those statements, but the numbers are heavily exaggerated, as I have a very low K/D, no, it's not as low as 0.20 or anything like that, but I completely know what my gun does, and even though my SPM is also low but not as low as you might think (significantly over 50 for almost every mode, which still is pretty bad as for now), I definitely know how to win a game and capture large objectives like planting and detonating a bomb, capturing several flags per game with many of them being B and the enemy's, and taking and defending the hardpoint (Still, I definitely can't consider myself an average player yet).

Level 1

in reply to Ezcru

I think this is an unfair generalisation, All I do is play league play and my K/D is 1.45. If all you do is play TDM honestly you

should probably have at least a 3 k/d

Level 1

in reply to AdamF3690

That makes no sense. None whatsoever.

That is like saying: "If you are studying Electrical Engineering, you should have an above average grade on your engineering exam because that is your major"

If you cannot see how ridiculous that is... well whatever lol.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to KillSift90

Lol yeah they have a bad kd because of flag caps no you have a bad kd because you rush the objective blindly. I play TDM my K/D for TDM is 1.30 98% of the time on top of lobby leaderboard by my win lost is 36% because I can go 27-2 and we still lose because your teammates are going 5-25  & 3-19

Level 6

in reply to BACONndEGGS

I don't actually rush objectives, unless the very beginning where I first secure my team's flag in domination, and then either plant a trophy system near the neutral flag and capture it or semi-camp near the objective. My K/D and SPM have gotten better for sure, and my handy MK-48 (maxed a couple weeks ago) has gotten me a relatively long way.

Level 1

in reply to KillSift90

avridge overall is .98(suicides).

Level 22

Studios