What is the point of the shotgun rank?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

What is the point of the shotgun rank?

Has anybody noticed that the ranking in zombies in general seems kind of pointless? Look at it this way: When playing multiplayer, it is usually understood that a player who is atleast one prestige is firmiliar with the game, and has played for a long time. In zombies, where nobody understands how the ranking system truly works, it shows nothing. Yes, it's true that you see some skill involved, (Obviously a single bone is less experianced than a skull) but when nobody understands anything else it is pointless. Look at highly respected players such as Syndicate who are stuck at the knife. Clearly it is not only bugged, but flawed. If this system truly indicated player skill, he, and many others, would have the double shotguns. You might say, "Well maybe it represent player time". Well, I respond to that with "Why do so many people who did the round skip glitch have the double shotguns?" Things have to be cleared up, or this ranking system is as pointless as tits on a bull.

P.S. I understand there are many theories on how the system works, but none are confirmed, and none seem accurate. Treyarch are the only ones who should be releasing information on how it works. It shouldn't be up to the community to decrypt the ranking system. Though I'm not really mad, I'm slightly annoyed that they have yet to say anything. HINT HINT.

Level 1
62 REPLIES

Re: What is the point of the shotgun rank?

in reply to Rileclar

OH OH, I know the answer to your question!  the point of the shotguns rank is something you can list on your resume for the next job you apply for!  Or maybe its a way for people to convence themselves that all those millions of other people that really don't care about them, do care about them...... 

Level 9

in reply to FOHDR

Can't really tell if that was a shot at me or what. Please clarify.

Level 1

in reply to Rileclar

No, it was not a shot at you.  It was me merely pointing out sarcastically that the point of the shotguns is that its pointless......

Level 9

in reply to FOHDR

Fair enough. I just wasn't sure if you were insulting me for being curious about it. Okay so it is pointless, I agree, I just wish they would shed some light one what it means. Is it kills? Play time? Average rounds? I just want some clarity! Though to be honest I'm not too worked up about it. It's just something I've been pondering for a few days now.

Level 1

in reply to Rileclar

The ranking system was a good idea, but it's very flawed. Nobody knows what it means, and it caps out at 5. At least in Multi you can be a level 50 or whatever their current cap is. Plus there is prestige. Not sure what the top prestige is, but I assume it's at least 10. If you were a level 10 zombies prestiger with max rank, it'd be a hell of a lot better than just being a non prestiger.

Level 8

in reply to Mdog1111

Ya and when someone tweeted Jimmy about adding more ranks he just said that more ranks would make it harder for people to rank up...whatever. As far as i'm concerned they have screwed up just about everything they could with this game. Tranzit and Die Rise are designed to punish lone wolves by making it next to impossible for them to be revived but then they just quit and it punishes the rest of the team for sticking together. It's like they can't even understand the most simple flaws in the game but keep trying to make it more complicated. The zombies team needs some new lead designers imo.

Level 13

in reply to CombustiblSquid

I didn't know that... That's boneheaded imo. Isn't the point of a ranking system to make it hard to rank up?

Bone

Two Bone

Skull

Knife

Shotgun

Assault Rifle

Mustang and Sally

Ray Gun

would be great. You can squable about the order of things, but one thing that could not be argued is the Ray Gun has been, and will continue to be the one constant weapon of choice for zombie killers everywhere, and as such should be the highest rank.

It'd be nice if there were certain challenges introduced like get x amount of headshot in a game, or x amount of grenade kills. Open x amount of doors over y span of games, etc. Completing challenges helps you rank up, but you still have to perform.

That is the type of stuff I assumed they would do when they moved zombies over to the MP engine (supposedly anyway...). Figured they'd maybe give us certain weapon attatchments for certain guns if the challenges for that gun were completed that you had to choose before the game starts like custom classes.

Nope same old zombies. It even has 10x the rage quitting issues now! Add in host migration ability, but take away the games counting if someone leaves. Brilliant idea guys...

Level 8

in reply to Mdog1111

To be honest I'd rather take on a horde of Zombies with a bone than a Ray Gun but that's just me.

Agree with the idea of incorporating challenges though, I'd really like to see this providing it was done right. Weapon attachments would be cool as well, there needs to be something in Zombies you can work towards rather than just highest round.

Level 1

in reply to Skopos

Personally I rarely use the RG myself. Still doesn't change the fact that 70% of people who play zombies want it. Revive me I have the Ray Gun is a common saying. That, and the fact that the RG has been in every single map.

Level 8

Studios