Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: What kd do i need to get shotties

in reply to StraightUpHell

And 131089 kills

Level 6
Highlighted

BUt you do the town kills thing because if not you must get to really high rounds

Level 2

in reply to mattybush11

Only 1/3 of the time I do the Round 15 Easy on Town thing. I mostly play Buried and get to 30+

Level 6

Deaths?

Level 26

in reply to boybad3

DEaths have nothing to do with it as far as i know

Level 2

in reply to mattybush11

Yip thats what you think. I was asking

Level 26

BUt even round 30-40 you only get about 1000-2500 kills and it takes 2 hours most of the time to get to 30 and another hour to get to fourty so there is no way thats how you got all your kills

Level 2

in reply to mattybush11

Everyone has their own opinion, here is mine based on observation... 

K/D has almost nothing to do with it, nor do revives or high round scores, or any of the stats they let you track directly...

The primary factor that determines rank is your AVERAGE HIGH ROUND ACHIEVED.  If you get to round 50 on a map, but you died on round 10 the try before that, your average high round would be 30 for those 2 tries. I got my shotguns when my k/d was about 165, and maintained them while my k/d dropped below 150 (due to playing more grief, which does not factor in to ranking).  I finally lost them a few days after Origins came out, and over those few days my average high round was horrid I'm sure, though my k/d never really slipped much.  I have since raised my k/d back up a bit, but still no shotguns.

Additionally, I have a friend that plays a lot of grief, but when he plays survival he does not mess around.  His k/d is only around 70/1, but he has had shotguns since nuketown dropped.  I literally have him beat in every single stat line, but he has shotguns and I do not... why?  Because he does not play survival with randoms, he does not do perma-perk "prep" rounds, he does not quit on games.  His average high round for survival is probably extremely high, hence the rank.

There is likely a minimum kill threshold before it will let you rank up, but I think you are well past that point.  Just play zombies efficiently, don't quit, bring a team that won't quit, etc...  Hope this helps!

Level 5

in reply to P-wave

your friend was 70/1 on career stats but what was his co-op stats. prob in between 160-200 kd? your ranking is based on co-op stats not career

Level 2

in reply to mattybush11

Currently testing this theory. I made it up to shotguns and then lost them doing easter eggs. I lost them when my KD was 180 and made it drop to 177. Then, I played a solo game and got it back up to 180 where I was rewarded with my shotguns again. Once I got a single down, I lost them and then when I got 100 kills to match that down, I got them back.

Level 14

Studios