What's With All the Lobby Resets.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

What's With All the Lobby Resets.

So the last update did some good in eliminating the long delays in pre-game lobbies.

But here's the thing.  I've experienced lots of lobby resetting.  I will be in the same lobby for 2 or 3 consecutive games but then, suddenly, bam, the lobby is reset and then I'm put in the middle of another game.  This happens even when there are enough players to form teams.

Again, I'm sure many appreciate not having to deal with long pregame delays anymore.  But, with this chronic resetting of lobbies as a result of the attempted fix, I'm wondering if I'd rather wait for the few extra seconds than to be unpredictably and automatically put into mid games.

I never liked switching lobbies no matter how good or bad the players were.  Staying in one lobby gives the game continuity, better odds at avoiding playing the same maps; and, most importantly to me, playing rematches against good players.

It's like a plumber trying to stop a leak but only to create a worse one elsewhere.  C'mon!

Level 40
3 REPLIES

Re: What's With All the Lobby Resets.

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

I agree with you, it is annoying and frustrating when you are in a lobby you want to stay in.  Like you, I prefer sticking to the same lobby, unless it has cheats in it or I am going for a break.  But I don't think it is anything to do with the recent change, it has happened to me since day one.  I put it down as one of the many downsides of being a solo player.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

No doubt it occurred before.  But it was extremely rare and appropriate with sufficient wait time and scarcity of players in the lobby. 

It's ridiculous now. 

Level 40

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

I was in a lobby yesterday in KC. We were winning the match and and my score at the time was something like 15-5-9. There was a host migration, when the match resumed my score was reset to 0-0-0. I was the only person who's score got reset. Another weird episode on this game.

Level 7

Studios