What's next for CoD Zombies?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

What's next for CoD Zombies?

So I think its safe to say Treyarch has come a looong way with their zombies maps. Just remember back to Nacht Der Untoten, where the map consisted of not much more than a couple barren rooms, and a couple guns. Treyarch has come quite a long way indeed.

So what's next? Of course there's always more they can do with Zombies, but I'm really hoping they make a zombies game that has a real, present story to it. For instance: what if they had a main story mode Zombie campaign? And they could have the survival mode as well. I just would really like to see a Zombies Campaign.

What if they made an all-zombies game, with a zombies campaign, and then the survival maps like the ones we have now, with hidden easter eggs and all that. That would be pretty awesome.

Level 5
17 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: What's next for CoD Zombies?

in reply to Tsarthos

They did a pretty good job this game and hopefully they learned a lot about what people want and don't want in a zombie map. As far as the story goes, I feel they really dropped the ball this time around. I guess it's my own opinion but it seemed very anti-climactic. And the payoff for the easter eggs was again pretty much useless.

If they would have made the reward for taking the time to complete the easter eggs epic, it would have made completing them more fun and worth while. The effort:reward ratio seems very skewed.

I guess the story's shortcomings weren't really the fault of treyarch. I'm sure they had an outline of how the story was going to go and then when the community cried for the old characters back, treyarch listened and in doing so had to rewrite the ending into the third map and thus cutting the climax short to make room for a last minute prequel.

I hope that BO3 comes out and it has another great iteration of the zombies story. I would love for a standalone game but since that won't happen I'll be happy if they just keep the mode alive.

Level 7

in reply to LordOfDaZombiez

I hope that Treyarch continues the story they've started (new crew continuing their trek through the zombie apocalypse, perhaps old crew teleporting off the moon and starring in new map releases, or even having them meet up as the story progresses).

Honestly, I don't care that the Origins ending cutscene painted the story as being games between Eddie and Sam. Everything still happened the way it happened, regardless. Plus, the cutscene doesn't 100% mean that it's nothing more than the imagination of 2 kids. Who's to say that their game isn't really happening in an alternate dimension? Farfetch'd? Yes. But so is the idea that it was all just a game in the first place. In any case, there's nothing that says they have to continue off that cutscene, or make anything of it past what it is right now.

Overall, I guess I just hope they don't feel compelled to scrap everything and everyone up to this point just because of that horrible cutscene.

Level 4

in reply to LordOfDaZombiez

LordOfDaZombiez a écrit:

They did a pretty good job this game and hopefully they learned a lot about what people want and don't want in a zombie map. As far as the story goes, I feel they really dropped the ball this time around. I guess it's my own opinion but it seemed very anti-climactic. And the payoff for the easter eggs was again pretty much useless.

So what exactly did player want or not? I read this forums for months, and i think the game shouldn't have anything in em exept An-94, PaP, and Zombies... I liked the bank idea to a certain extend, i like the buildable (like on buried, alot of em), i liked the EE (exept for tranzit). The reward for EE isn't great? Exept for tranzit and MotD, the rest is ok. All perk on DR and Buried, An elemental fists (lvl 35 1 shot fist) and the best place to train zombies on Origins, that is enough for me, i didn't need the 9 perks even if they gave em to me... I'm one of those that didn't hate the Origins Ending like others did, it actually open so many doors to get the story onward, it was not the perfect ending everyone hoped for, but it was a great ending when you take the time to look outside the box Remove the bank, gimme more buildable (no trample-steam lmao), get a hold on glitchers and it will be perfect, maybe add a Zombie Campaign (I never played Bo2 Campaign, not sure i'll play Zombie Campaign but w/e), gimme more EE's that dosen't reward players with all the perk (even when you die), but instead give us something to get to higher rounds (elemental fists ). Make more maps like Origins (hard but not too hard when you get used to it) and i'll be happy. Please stop making zombie a child game, make it HARD so the kids leave this game alone.

Luv ya Treyarch, keep doing great zombies experiences

Level 4

in reply to ZombiesFan1

Die Rise EE isn't worth it. Yes you get all perks but only until you get down, then you lose them. Might as well just buy 4 of the perks and just wait for the jumping crawlers to come as by the time you get to the third round of the jumping crawlers you'll already have all the perks.

Level 5

in reply to Tsarthos

THey just need to make an all out zombie game. Zombie Campaign, Zombie survival, Zombie arcade(like greif etc.), and finally An open zombie world mode like GTA where the entire city is destroyed and you and 7 other people have the whole city to do whatever you want.

Level 3

in reply to BooYah_

Zombies campaign would be awesome, perhaps with some coop aspect but that will be hard to get right imho.

Either way they've fed us the candy. No doubt we'll take the candy that is blop3 zombies, if there is one.

Level 8

in reply to BooYah_

YES. now that would be amazing. Anything new like that, especially a zombies campaign, would be really awesome. An open world zombies mode would be pretty cool too.

Level 5

in reply to Tsarthos

They should get Sly, Arnie and the other casts of The Expendables to do a version like COTD.

Now there will be some entertaining punchlines.

Level 8

in reply to Tsarthos

They should also name it as Call of Duty: 115 and feature the story of Richtofen and Maxis as the campaign.

Level 1

Studios