What's next for CoD Zombies?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: What's next for CoD Zombies?

in reply to Tsarthos

CRAZY IDEA nikolai, dempsey, takeo and sam have to undo what richtofens done by revisiting all of the maps again. only now the world has been baked to a golden brown by the 115 missles from moon. I know it sounds stupid and i would never expect it to happen but just take a second and imagine that, every previous map, just they're all torn apart opening up new areas and stuff.

to answer the original question, I feel (and really hope) they've learned what we a players don't want in zombies. they did good starting out with W@W and did great continuing in BO1. then dropped down pretty far in BO2. They had good ideas (from what ive read on here) that they couldnt follow through with for one reason or the other. However on the new consoles I hope those restraints wont cause as big a problem. (unless they decide to release the next game on both current and next gen-consoles)

Level 9

in reply to farmerguy95

They might as well re-release all the maps like they did with Rezurrection.

Level 5

in reply to Tsarthos

Most likely Zombies has a chance on coming back. Also it's likely it can taken place in the same storyline (remember when we blew up the moon? If they had to they could've ended right there but they decided to continue it). But then again they could've end it with Origins (cause most things ends with the prequel that tells us from the beginning right?). Me I am excited a little about the next Treyarch game, they messed up a lot in this game from fans of BO and WaW Zombies (including me). So how will they pull this one off?

Level 5

in reply to Tsarthos

Honestly I will be happy with new maps when the next 3arc CoD comes out. A standalone of any kind would be awesome tho.

If there is anything I hope they improve on its the leader boards. The BO2 leader boards are a slight improvement because 2 players cant get credit for a 4 man round high. But if me and 2 dudes get to a new high round after someone quits I still want credit for the 3 man round high.

Also, I hope they make the neccessary things like PaP not such a nuisance so that if players like me just want to get down and bust out rounds we can. Sure, the more complicated PaP makes it a tad harder to PaP mid round but the extra challenge isnt worth it due to how much longer it can make a game drag out. If I am playing Zombies I want to kill zombies not repeat the same go and fetch mission.

Level 28

in reply to Tsarthos

It wouldn't be hard (from a technical standpoint) for Treyarch to do a Zombies only game, with a side game of survival.

I on the other hand, would not like them to start fresh, I want to play through all the old maps, story wise with more to explore and more to learn, there are too many unanswered questions still left for them to just start fresh.

I started playing zombies because it was at first, something to kill time and a reason to keep playing W@W. From there it grew into it's own monster, packing all the story elements that you had to DIG for. There are plenty of times I've met players of zombies in real life, who had good scores, but had little to no idea that there was any kind of story to the mode, I always liked that.

Now, it's just focused on "easter eggs". And to call them EEs now are almost laughable because of how blatantly obvious that there are always going to be side missions in theses maps, "side missions" not "easter eggs".

I could fill this post up with more text than most of you are used to reading, but I wont. Most of you know and have already heard most of it before. IF they were to get rights to make a zombies only title, it would be a sign of the Black ops (or future Treyarch COD titles) taking a dive. In order for a zombies game to be even a possibility, it would only be to salvage what they could from a failing franchise.

Not to say they are failing, it's just more people in general tend to lean towards an Infinity Ward campaign or the multiplayer experience, and I have to agree, with the exception of BO1's campaign-that was my all time favorite.

So maybe something to think about is, do you like zombies so much that you would give up having Treyarch made MP and campaign? Imagine all the sales they generate just from zombie fans, I know I only bought BO2 for the intention of playing zombies. It's a little silly but over a year of owning it and I still can't make myself get through the campaign...it's all about zombies for me still, so yes I could trade the possibility of a BO3, or a BO 4 for a Zombie only title made by Treyarch.

So just imagine those numbers BO2 got just from zombie fans, and subtract it from their next game, it would be the nail in the coffin for non zombie Treyarch.

Level 18

in reply to Tsarthos

I think that if they made a open world zombie game like not a whole world but like a city like new york or something. It would be so fun i would play it non stop me and my mates are always talking about this, It would be so fun you can upgrade your person customize him/her you could be stealthy so you dont get caught and you can play co op onine with your friends i think 6 per lobby so you can play with your friends. Administrator treyarch @DavidVonderhaar

Level 1

in reply to Tsarthos

I'm hoping for some better side game modes than Turned and Grief, honestly those game modes sucked. They need something that changes up the game but not so much that it makes it not feel like Zombies anymore. I think pacing is key for this, Grief was too slow-paced and Turned was too fast-paced. My idea is an Infected type mode where there are 8-players, normal zombies that come NOT in waves (similar to Area 51), and when a player is killed he becomes a zombie that is slightly more powerful and faster than a normal zombie.

Level 1

in reply to Tsarthos

I liked what Treyarch did with Mob of the Dead and Five; throwing in actual people and actors.  It made playing with them HILARIOUS. Going along those lines I'm thinking an arena zombies map with Rose, Durant, LeBron, and Kobe (or older guys like Barkley, Jordan, Magic, and Bird). You better believe I'd pay for that.  Haha and maybe a a psych ward map with Miley, Spears, Lohan, and Paris. It'd be more expensive, but man, would that be awesome.  I need me some more zombies this year...

Level 1

Studios